cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAppUsr
Level: Powered On

Connecting Powerapps to Impala

Connecting PowerApps/Flow to Impala.

I am working on an app that retrieves data from imapala and displays on powerapps. I have been able to test connectivity to impala using the cloudera ODBC /Microsoft ODBC connections from my local machine. The local connectivity is established via kerberos. 

On the powerapps portal i have used the the Impala connection which is still under preview.

My finding is that the connection doesn't seem to be established via the on-premises data gateway.

Connection 1: When a connection is setup using my credentials with the active directory domain (domain\NetworkID) . The exception message returned is

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverSupport] (1170) Unexpected response received from server. Please ensure the server host and port specified for the connection are correct.

inner exception: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverSupport] (1170) Unexpected response received from server. Please ensure the server host and port specified for the connection are correct.

On inspecting the logs, we can see that traffic does come into the gateway and the logs capture the same exception as shown above.

Connection 2: However when i setup a connection using my credentials as 'User@domain' the exception message is

The 'Driver' property with value '{Simba Impala ODBC Driver}' doesn't correspond to an installed ODBC driver.

inner exception: The 'Driver' property with value '{Simba Impala ODBC Driver}' doesn't correspond to an installed ODBC driver.

On checking the gateway configurations, it appears that the onpremises gateway uses the Simba impala drivers for ODBC.

i was under the impression that the gateway would utilize the cloudera ODBC drivers or the Microsoft ODBC drivers.

I have also tried installing the Simba ODBC drivers and created a DSN on the machine. Yet the error persists.

Since the gateway is already packaged with the simba drivers, i assume that we needn't install the simba drivers separately. i have nevertheless tried this option as well.

Are there any alternate options to connect to an on-premise impala instance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Connecting Powerapps to Impala

Hi @PowerAppUsr ,

Do you want to connect with on-premise Impala?

Actually, using gateway you could connect with on-premise Impala.

Here's a doc about how to use gateway for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/gateway-manage

Please make sure that

1)your license could connect with on-premise data source.

2)Administrative permissions on a gateway

3)the user name and password that you used to sign up for Power Automate.

You can create a gateway and an on-premises connection only in your default environment.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PowerAppUsr
Level: Powered On

Re: Connecting Powerapps to Impala

We have been using the gateway to connect to different data sources like SQL Server, File System and also internally hosted API's. 

We now are attempting connection to the on-premise impala and there seems to be an issue in the way the connectivity is established. 

Any guidance here would be of great help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,157)