cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
r529
Level: Powered On

Connecting to Project Service Automation Project entity returns "An Error Occurred on the Server"

When attempting to use the Project entity (msdyn_project) associated with Project Service Automation (PSA) in Dynamics 365, PowerApps returns the error "An Error Occured on the Server".  This occurs when creating an app from scratch as well as the "Start From Data" option.  Other entities are available including the Time Entry entity associated with PSA.

5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff caburk
PowerApps Staff

Re: Connecting to Project Service Automation Project entity returns "An Error Occurred on the S

@r529 Can you please send the session ID? @bsimons for visibility. 

r529

Re: Connecting to Project Service Automation Project entity returns "An Error Occurred on the S

It has been sent.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @r529,

Could you please share a bit more about the data structure of your Project entity (CDS entity)?

I suppose that your app connected to a restricted CDS entity tied to a Dynamics 365 product (Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation), is it true?

Currently, within PowerApps, if you want to connect to a restricted CDS entity tied to Dynamics 365 products from an app, your account must have a license for the corresponding Dynamics 365 product.

Please check if your account have a license for Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation.

More details about the restricted entities requiring Dynamics 365 licenses, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-restricted-entiti...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
r529

I'm relatively new to the CDS, so I welcome any corrections to misunderstandings on my part.

The project entity I am refering to is the out of the box msdyn_project entity within Customer Engagement.  The entity does have a few custom attributes added on to it.  

I don't think it's an issue associated with restricted entities for several reasons:

1)  My organization does have the Customer Engagement Plan.

2)  In the link to the documentation provided, msdyn_project is not listed as a restricted entity.

3)  I am able to connect successfully to msdyn_projecttask, which is listed as a restricted entity.

I am trying to create something similar in PowerApps to the out of the box time entry form from the Unified Interface for PSA.  The project entity would just be a lookup to the time entry entity.

Also, I've confirmed that this behavior occurs both in my production environment and sandbox environment.

r529

For whatever reason, this is now working.   Thank you to whomever helped or the randomness of the universe.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 330 members 5,825 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: