cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElPibeDeOro
Level: Powered On

Connector Issue with Average Function

Hi guys,

I'm currently experiencing issues with the Average function.

I have a SharePoint list called Test. This list has a number column called Value. When I try to apply the Average function on the Value column, I get the error 'Delegation warning. The highlighted part of this formula might not work correctly on large data sets. The "Average" operation is not supported by this connector.'

error.png

I tried removing and adding the data source and also just created a new app and list from scratch, but the problem persists. It also doesn't make a difference whether I apply the function in the OnStart or any other property.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Connector Issue with Average Function

First, its a Warning not an error.  And there really is no way to get around it.  The problem is that in order to calculate the Average value in a column the system needs to pull every record in the data set.  The average is calculated by the client and not by the server.  That's what it means when a function is not "delegable".  Average is a delegable function for some data sources, but it is not delegable for SharePoint.  If your list will remain under the limit, default 500, then you can ignore the warning.  If you will have more than 500 then you can expand the limit to up to 2,000.  If you have more than that you'll need to look for a different way to calculate the Average than using the non-delegable function.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

First, its a Warning not an error.  And there really is no way to get around it.  The problem is that in order to calculate the Average value in a column the system needs to pull every record in the data set.  The average is calculated by the client and not by the server.  That's what it means when a function is not "delegable".  Average is a delegable function for some data sources, but it is not delegable for SharePoint.  If your list will remain under the limit, default 500, then you can ignore the warning.  If you will have more than 500 then you can expand the limit to up to 2,000.  If you have more than that you'll need to look for a different way to calculate the Average than using the non-delegable function.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

ElPibeDeOro
Level: Powered On

Thanks! I thought these Aggregate functions are delegable regarding SharePoint lists. Now, I loaded the list into a collection and got rid of the warning.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,631)