cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mchien
Level: Powered On

Consecutive date range into collection

So right now I have 2 date picker controls - a start date and an end date.

Because these date pickers are free form, the user can pick days that are one day apart or 30 days apart.

Is there a way to store each day in a collection?

For example, with start: 7/24/2017, end 7/30/2017, I want to have a collection with

DateRange = [7/24/2017, 7/25/2017, 7/26/2017, 7/27/2017, 7/28/2017, 7/29/2017, 7/30/2017]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Consecutive date range into collection

Hi @mchien and @kalpana

Here is how you can put all dates within a range into a collection:

Have a screen with two date pickers, button and gallery (to show the date range collection)

1.png

Set the Button.OnSelect to this:

ClearCollect(
    DateRange,
    AddColumns(
        FirstN(
            [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29],
            DateDiff(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, DatePicker2.SelectedDate, Days) + 1),
        "Day",
            "Day " & (Value + 1),
        "Date",
            DateAdd(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, Value, Days)
    )
)

This function will create a collection with three columns Value (from 0 to 29, it is used to produce Day and Date column), Day (basically just Day X - where X is the number of the day in the collection), Date (the actual date). It will include all dates between DatePicker1 and DatePicker2.

Limitations: This function can maximum have range of 30 days (Because of the FirstN() function), if you want to allow bigger ranges add more numbers after 29. It only works if DatePicker1 has date which is equal or smaller than DatePicker2. You can add more logic to it to solve this issue.

in Gallery.Item put the following function:

DateRange

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi mchien,

I have a workaround for your scenario, hope it could be a reference for you.

Add two Date picker controls on the same screen, say Date picker1 and Date picker2.

Add a Label control above Date picker2.

Set OnSelect property of Date picker2 as:

If(DatePicker2.SelectedDate<DatePicker1.SelectedDate,UpdateContext({text:"wrong selection"}),DatePicker2.SelectedDate>DateAdd(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,7),UpdateContext({text:"wrong selection"}),DatePicker2.SelectedDate>=DatePicker1.SelectedDate&&DatePicker2.SelectedDate<=DateAdd(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,7),UpdateContext({text:""}))

Then set the Text property of the label as text.

When a date out of the range is selected, an error message would be shown in the label.

3.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mchien

Thanks for the suggestion, but i'm looking to do a ForEach for each of the days within range, so your suggestion isn't applicable in my use case.

kalpana

Hi,

I am also facing the similar kind of issue. I need a range of date in collection. I have From date and To date, If anyone has the solution, please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mchien and @kalpana

Here is how you can put all dates within a range into a collection:

Have a screen with two date pickers, button and gallery (to show the date range collection)

1.png

Set the Button.OnSelect to this:

ClearCollect(
    DateRange,
    AddColumns(
        FirstN(
            [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29],
            DateDiff(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, DatePicker2.SelectedDate, Days) + 1),
        "Day",
            "Day " & (Value + 1),
        "Date",
            DateAdd(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, Value, Days)
    )
)

This function will create a collection with three columns Value (from 0 to 29, it is used to produce Day and Date column), Day (basically just Day X - where X is the number of the day in the collection), Date (the actual date). It will include all dates between DatePicker1 and DatePicker2.

Limitations: This function can maximum have range of 30 days (Because of the FirstN() function), if you want to allow bigger ranges add more numbers after 29. It only works if DatePicker1 has date which is equal or smaller than DatePicker2. You can add more logic to it to solve this issue.

in Gallery.Item put the following function:

DateRange

View solution in original post

dhawalseth

Dude, you are awesome. I could be late in responding, but your code works like a charm. I tried the following keeping a SharePoint list as datasource, worked like a charm.

Clear(DateRange3Collection);
ForAll(
    SharePointList,
    Collect(
        DateRange3Collection,
        AddColumns(
            FirstN(
                DateDiff(StartDateCol, EndDateCol, Days) + 1),
            "Day",
                "Day " & (Value + 1),
            "Date",
                DateAdd(StartDateCol, Value, Days)
        )
    )
)

Thank you once again.

BrianHFASPS
Level 8

I tweaked it to make it go more than 29 days and it seems to be working. 

ClearCollect(
    DateRange,
    AddColumns(
        FirstN(
            [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32],
            DateDiff('Single Bill Start'.SelectedDate, 'Single Bill End'.SelectedDate, Days) + 1),
        "Day",
            "Day " & (Value + 1),
        "Date",
            DateAdd('Single Bill Start'.SelectedDate, Value, Days)
    )
)

I don't understand the original concern of 29 limitation of FirstN()?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,317)