cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmenges
Level: Powered On

Constantly Crashing

I cannot tell you how frustrated I am with PowerApps. I am using the Windows 10 app on an HP laptop and it is constantly crashing on me. This app is not worth the headache if I cannot even get it to run. I have issues with the web version as well. Has anyone had this issue recently?

18 REPLIES 18
Meneghino
Level 10

Re: Constantly Crashing

Hi rmenges, I have been working heavily on Windows 10 in the last few days and all seems OK.

Do you have the latest version of the desktop App? I am using version 2.0.542

I also edit the app on web with Chrome, which is ok if the App doesn't have a flow.

What occasionally happens to me is that the mobile app crashes, but I just uninstall it from my telephone and reinstall it.

PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble you are experiencing.  Could you please provide any details on the crashes you are seeing including version of PowerApps client?  For instance, on Windows it would be very helpful to have the crash details from the event viewer (Ctrl + R > eventvwr).  If you prefer sharing with support rather than the public forum, please go to https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ and "Report an issue".  

Thanks!

Chris

rmenges

Sorry for the late reply. I am using version 2.0.542.0. These is the message from the Event Viewer:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-AppHost/Admin
Source: Microsoft-Windows-AppHost
Date: 11/16/2016 8:32:46 AM
Event ID: 127
Task Category: (8)
Level: Error
Keywords: AppHost
User:
Computer:
Description:
App <App> terminated itself by calling terminateApp API. App details are as follows: Display Name:<PowerApps>, AppUserModelId: <Microsoft.MSApps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App> Package Identity:<Microsoft.MSApps_2.0.542.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe> PID:<14000>. The API was called from the context of the following HTML document: </default.html>. Error object passed to terminateApp carried the following details Description:<{"error":{"colno":439,"filename":"ms-appx://microsoft.msapps/openSource/unmodified/knockout/knockout-3.4.0.js","lineno":16,"message":"'Too much recursion' after processing 5000 task groups.","initErrorEvent":"[function]","bubbles":false,"cancelBubble":false,"cancelable":false,"currentTarget":"[window]","defaultPrevented":false,"eventPhase":2,"isTrusted":true,"srcElement":"[window]","target":"[window]","timeStamp":1479303163740,"type":"error","initEvent":"[function]","preventDefault":"[function]","stopImmediatePropagation":"[function]","stopPropagation":"[function]","AT_TARGET":2,"BUBBLING_PHASE":3,"CAPTURING_PHASE":1},"errorLine":16,"errorCharacter":439,"errorUrl":"ms-appx://microsoft.msapps/openSource/unmodified/knockout/knockout-3.4.0.js","errorMessage":"'Too much recursion' after processing 5000 task groups.","setPromise":"[function]","exception":{}}>, and Stack Trace:-
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-AppHost" Guid="{98E0765D-8C42-44A3-A57B-760D7F93225A}" />
<EventID>127</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>8</Task>
<Opcode>12</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000001</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-11-16T13:32:46.892693300Z" />
<EventRecordID>45</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="14000" ThreadID="10400" />
<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-AppHost/Admin</Channel>
<Computer>Laptop</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-3434756822-1659843076-2728994062-1001" />
</System>
<UserData>
<WWATerminateApplication xmlns="http://manifests.microsoft.com/win/2005/08/windows/wwahost/events">
<DisplayName>PowerApps</DisplayName>
<ApplicationName>App</ApplicationName>
<AppUserModelId>Microsoft.MSApps_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App</AppUserModelId>
<PackageFullName>Microsoft.MSApps_2.0.542.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe</PackageFullName>
<ProcessId>14000</ProcessId>
<ErrorDescription>{"error":{"colno":439,"filename":"ms-appx://microsoft.msapps/openSource/unmodified/knockout/knockout-3.4.0.js","lineno":16,"message":"'Too much recursion' after processing 5000 task groups.","initErrorEvent":"[function]","bubbles":false,"cancelBubble":false,"cancelable":false,"currentTarget":"[window]","defaultPrevented":false,"eventPhase":2,"isTrusted":true,"srcElement":"[window]","target":"[window]","timeStamp":1479303163740,"type":"error","initEvent":"[function]","preventDefault":"[function]","stopImmediatePropagation":"[function]","stopPropagation":"[function]","AT_TARGET":2,"BUBBLING_PHASE":3,"CAPTURING_PHASE":1},"errorLine":16,"errorCharacter":439,"errorUrl":"ms-appx://microsoft.msapps/openSource/unmodified/knockout/knockout-3.4.0.js","errorMessage":"'Too much recursion' after processing 5000 task groups.","setPromise":"[function]","exception":{}}</ErrorDescription>
<DocumentFile>/default.html</DocumentFile>
<StackTrace>
</StackTrace>
</WWATerminateApplication>
</UserData>
</Event>

rmenges

I am also receiving this error when running on either Edge or Chrome;

WebAuthoring abnormal termination.
Client date/time: 2016-11-16T13:59:50.593Z
Version: 2.0.542
Session ID: e5b9fe78-1fe3-301d-3862-53c992be2d65
errorMessage: Script error.

PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

Thanks.  Could you describe what you are doing when the product crashes?  Are you editing/opening/using a specific app in the PowerApps client?  Would you have a chance to capture the session ID (Account > Session detail) before such a crash?  That would help us narrow it down.  Thank you!

PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

Regarding the WebAuthoring termination, the fix for it is planned to be released in the upcoming release (next week).  Sorry for any inconvenience.

rmenges

There is no specific event that causes the app to crash. It happens when I initially start the app. It will attempt to load and then after a few moments, close. Its happened even after a successful start. I could be using the app for 10, 15, 20 minutes and then it will close. I've had this happen with an sample template as well as a custom app. I've opened and used other apps on my laptop with no issues. I've deleted the app, rebooted, and reinstalled. I've tried clearing the Windows Store cache and resetting the Windows Store as well. This is happening so frequently, that I am about to throw in the towel and stick with a good ole' spreadsheet.

The most current session ID is 'fd18bb68-e38b-628c-a053-db42a9cfc173' , more times than not, the apps closes before I can even attempt to capture the session ID.

Thanks!

Randy

DatabaseMX

@Chris ... RE "WebAuthoring termination," Are you (hopefully) referring to the sudden message "Your session has ended." ? I've had this happen the last two nights in the Chrome browser - and I was not idle. Even if I was idle, there should be no session. What's going on here ? Joe
PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

Yes, that should be the one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,205)