cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FishinKmac
Level: Powered On

Context variable displayItem and editItem no longer working

I have several app that have multiple BrowseGalleries and followed this post https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/decouplingbrowsegalleryfromforms/ to get it to select the correct items when the users views the details and edits the item.

BrowseGalleries: 

Button.OnSelect: Navigate(ISRCViewScreen, ScreenTransition.Fade, {displayItem:ThisItem}); LoadingSpinner.Data

DetailsForm:  Items.diaplyItem

OnSelect.EditButton: EditForm(EditISRCForm);Navigate(ISRCEditScreen, ScreenTransition.None, {editItem:displayItem})

EditForm: Items.editItem

As of yesterday they are no longer working and all of my apps using this now say either "Getting your data" or "Not items to display"

Is anyone else experiencing this? I was planning on presenting my newest app to Upper Managment today to go to the VP for approval and now I can't because it's not working at all.

Is there a better way to accomplish this?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Context variable displayItem and editItem no longer working

@FishinKmac 

The problem in your formula (for your edit button) is that most likely you are referencing a context variable of the wrong screen.

When you put a Navigate function in, anything after that will be in the context of the navigated screen.

While I'd have to play around to nail this statement down completely for your app, I'd say that is pretty much what you are running into.

Couple things to try:

1) Try disambiguation : {editItem: [@displayItem]}

2) Consider using a global variable instead and drop the context passing:  Set(editItem, displayItem); EditForm(...); Navigate(...)

I hope this helps you out and gets you to your demo and that everyone is wowed by it!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
FishinKmac
Level: Powered On

Re: Context variable displayItem and editItem no longer working

@RandyHayes 

These apps have been working for several months until yesterday and were built from the blog post mentioned above. Something had to change in the last few days to break it. I have a ticket in with microsoft and I'd prefer not to have to change all of the apps using this if possible. 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,809)