Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BigTex
Level: Powered On

Continuous Scans

Hello everyone,

I am making an attendance app where I need to scan students' badges. With the new barcode scanner, I am not able to find a way where I can keep scanning badges continuously without user interaction after initial press on the scan button. Is there a way to accomplish this? 

Thank you in advance.

@Pstork1  @mdevaney 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Continuous Scans

Hi @BigTex ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to keep scanning badges continuously without user interaction after initial press on the scan button?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnScan property of the Barcode Scanner control (BarcodeScanner1) in your app to following:

Select(BarcodeScanner1)  /* <-- Auto fire the Barcode scanner without interaction after initial press on the scan button */

In addition, I also think the older version Web Barcode scanner could also achieve your needs. You could consider enable the "Web barcode scanner" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then you could use the "Web barcode scanner" control in your app as below:

7.JPG

The Web barcode scanner would keep scanning badges continuously without user interaction.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @BigTex ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to keep scanning badges continuously without user interaction after initial press on the scan button?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnScan property of the Barcode Scanner control (BarcodeScanner1) in your app to following:

Select(BarcodeScanner1)  /* <-- Auto fire the Barcode scanner without interaction after initial press on the scan button */

In addition, I also think the older version Web Barcode scanner could also achieve your needs. You could consider enable the "Web barcode scanner" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then you could use the "Web barcode scanner" control in your app as below:

7.JPG

The Web barcode scanner would keep scanning badges continuously without user interaction.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

It sounds like what you want is for the scanner to scan a new badge when it senses that the code has changed.  I don't think that's possible.  You have to use a button to have the scanner take a picture and then analyze it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
BigTex

Spoiler

This worked for me. It scans and then auto fires the scanner again.

Set the OnScan property of the Barcode Scanner control (BarcodeScanner1) in your app to following:

Wataru_ja

Really?
It doesn't work.The barcode scanner starts but freezes.<OnScan(BarcodeScanner1)

I agree with Pstork1.

on iOS 13

BigTex

@Wataru_ja 

You have to select the scanner on the OnScan property. Select(BarcodeScanner1); and not just (BarcodeScanner1). It works perfectly fine for me without freezing.

Wataru_ja

Thanks to your Answer.

sorry about my explanation(11/3) is wrong...

Actually I have coded Select(BarcodeScanner1) at OnScan property,but doesn't work.(iphone6s iOS13)

I'd like to hear your device?

Wataru_ja

It's solved!

I had placed the camera and barcode on the same form.(Both functions are necessary for me.)

When I delete camera function, Select(BarcodeScanner1)work peerfectly!

Thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,107)