cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Converting InfoPath Form into PowerApp Form -- Possible?

Knowing that InfoPath is a thing of the past and PowerApp is the new way... Is it possible to actually take an existing InfoPath form and convert it into PowerApp without have to rebuild or build from scratch? I viewed videos regarding comparisons between the two and such... but have not found anything saying that one can actually simply convert IP to PA and then make adjustments.

Please advise...  tga

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Converting InfoPath Form into PowerApp Form -- Possible?

This is the video I did. I haven't been told it is terrible yet. 🙂 

Customize forms like Infopath

Are you super new to PowerApps? Do you maybe need to learn some basics first and then try to start customizing forms? 

Learn PowerApps

If SharePoint is your data source I would start with that video.

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JRaasumaa
Level 10

@Anonymous wrote:

Knowing that InfoPath is a thing of the past and PowerApp is the new way... Is it possible to actually take an existing InfoPath form and convert it into PowerApp without have to rebuild or build from scratch? I viewed videos regarding comparisons between the two and such... but have not found anything saying that one can actually simply convert IP to PA and then make adjustments.

Please advise...  tga

Short answer no.

The underlying technology and behaviors of PowerApps do not function the same, you will have to rebuild any InfoPath forms according to PowerApps fields/functions, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was afraid of that but was keeping hope alive... So is there a really good online tutorial giving step by step on how to build a form with PowerApps? As stated, I viewed a couple videos on it but already lost after starting to try it...

Thanks... 

Super User
Super User

This is the video I did. I haven't been told it is terrible yet. 🙂 

Customize forms like Infopath

Are you super new to PowerApps? Do you maybe need to learn some basics first and then try to start customizing forms? 

Learn PowerApps

If SharePoint is your data source I would start with that video.

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a bunch for the info!!  I am new to PowerApps but a lot of background with InfoPath so not too green... I will check out the links you provided and see where it gets me... I am starting with "converting" a longtime form that has currently has unique controls in it when completing it along with other features... so that might be giving me some qualms versus just creating a straight forward form. 

Again, thanks for the response and assistance... I will certainly report back as needed.  😉

Super User
Super User

Hey I should have shared this last time whoops. Have you seen this page? https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath/ It includes some resources and a link to a whitepaper I wrote on the mindset for converting from InfoPath to PowerApps. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the additional information... looking through what has been provided and still trying to digest.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,532)