Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pNabin
Level 8

Copy and save attachment from Collection into Sharepoint

Hi,

I need to copy some of the fields of existing sharepoint items and make some modifications into it ans save it as a new item.

In First screen (Form in View mode), I saved the selected item into the Collection.

In Second Screen (Form in New mode), I set up a default values of the fields i need to copy from collection I created in First screen including attachment field. All fields and attachments is defaulted into the new form and I can add new attachments which also shows all previous attachments. While saving by SubmitForm(NewFormCopy), everything is saved including newly added attachments but the attachments which is copied is not saved.

Any ideas, what could be the the problem?

Formulas I used:

To copy gallery item into collection: 

ClearCollect(CopyOfRequest,{Title: MyGallery.Selected.Title,Documents:MyGallery.Selected.'{Attachments}'});

Navigate(NewCopyScreen,ScreenTransition.None)

To add attachment into Default value of Attachment in new form: First(CopyOfRequest).Documents

To save the new item: SubmitForm(NewFormCopy)

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copy and save attachment from Collection into Sharepoint

Hi @pNabin,

Do you want to modify an existing item or create a new item within your app?

I suppose that you want to create a new item within your app with copied Attachments from a collection, is it true? I have made a test and the issue is confirmed on my side. 

The Attachments control lets users open files stored on a data source as well as add and delete files from a SharePoint list. Currently, we could only upload new attachments into a new SP list item via clicking Attach file button within the Attachments control.

If you want to create a new item within your app with copied Attachments from a collection, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pNabin
Level 8

@v-xida-msft,

You are right, I need is Create a new item by copying existing item including attachments.

Is there any workaround for this scenario you are aware of?  

Thanks,

Nabin

victore
Level: Powered On

Has anyone contacted you about this issue? Did you resolve the issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 172 members 5,209 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: