cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CindyZ
Level: Powered On

Copy field data from gallery to a new screen

This seems to me it should be the simplest thing in the world but after hours of searching and trying -- I still can't seem to get this.  I have a gallery that has a "Title" field in it -- lets say the title is "My Major Project".  I'd like to select that gallery item, navigate to a new screen and have "My Major Project" show up in a (non-editable field) as a header on my new screen.  I'm not looking to have it show in another gallery. 

I also have a another case where I'd like to use that field to Patch into a different sharepoint list.  I can get the Patch figured out...just not how to get "My Major Project to show. 

Can't believe I'm having so much trouble with something that surely is not all that complicated 🙂

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Copy field data from gallery to a new screen

Another option if you don't want to deal with variables for it is to simply reference the gallery in your label.

Set the Text property to YourGalleryName.Selected.Title

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JayadeepT

In gallery onclick function set a variable as follows

set(selectedItemTitle,ThisItem.Title);

use the variable in the next page

Super User
Super User

Another option if you don't want to deal with variables for it is to simply reference the gallery in your label.

Set the Text property to YourGalleryName.Selected.Title

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

CindyZ

Thank you ever so much.  I have no idea why that has given me such a hard time when I've gotten over lots of other more difficult hurdles.  But, thanks so much for clearing the path for me and for showing me how to do it two different ways.  I am still struggling to get a grasp on using variables so your example provides gives me a simple one to help launch my understanding!  

CindyZ

Thanks to both of you.  I just now realized two people offered help! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,789)