cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DM2018
Level: Powered On

Copying PowerApp to a new tenancy whilst maintaining existing connections

Hello, I understand that it is not yet possible to share a PowerApp with external users. I am however exploring the option of exporting and importing a copy of my app to another tenancy. Is it possible for this new app to read and write back to my SharePoint online lists on the original tenancy, provided I give the external users access to these lists?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Copying PowerApp to a new tenancy whilst maintaining existing connections

Hi @DM2018 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you share your external users with access permission to your SP lists?

If you have shared your external users with access permission (Edit permisson) to your SP lists, the new app could read and write back to my SharePoint online lists on the original tenancy.

When your external users run this new app, they just need to provide their own credential to connect to the SP connector within this app, then they could use this app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DM2018 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you share your external users with access permission to your SP lists?

If you have shared your external users with access permission (Edit permisson) to your SP lists, the new app could read and write back to my SharePoint online lists on the original tenancy.

When your external users run this new app, they just need to provide their own credential to connect to the SP connector within this app, then they could use this app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

DM2018
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-xida-msft , my scenario doesn't exist yet. Currently I haven't shared anything externally but it sounds as though it could be possible. Will have to give it a try based on what you've suggested

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xida-msft! I tried this, but the PowerApp is in the External User's tenancy and the connector didn't seem to accept a path outside its own tenancy. Its possible there are other methods/connectors but I couldn't get it to work

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,857)