cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
murrah
Level: Powered On

Correct syntax for Planner.UpdateTask percentComplete?

I want to update a task. The docs are not clear at all and the autocomplete suggestions do not seem to be correct either.

According to the docs  the following will work and I have tested it does work.

NB: you MUST use the case sensitive values of: "Completed" "In Progress" "Not started"

Planner.UpdateTask(id,{percentComplete:"Completed"})

In the docs for V2, you are supposed to be able to set it via an integer (0, 50, 100)

Planner.UpdateTaskV2(id,{percentComplete:100})

but this does not work. 😞

Passing an integer seems to set the percentComplete to 0, irrespective of the integer passed.

Using the string values as per the V1 syntax does work. And the autocomplete in the studio also says the type is "Text" which is correct but that is not the same as the docs.

Could someone from Microsoft confirm this is either incorrect docs or a bug please? And can I suggest you update the docs with the correct string values to pass. eg In the Planner app itself the drop down item for "In Progress" is spelt "In progress" so the app is not consistent with the key value!

Thanks,

Murray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
murrah

Re: Correct syntax for Planner.UpdateTask percentComplete?

Thanks Kris.

I understand that upgrading to that license level will cost us another $A13.70 per user per month which would double our current costs. I won't be doing that just to be able to save percentComplete as an integer instead of a string. 😉 

Thanks for your help.

Murray

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @murrah ,

Do you want to update an existing Planner task with percentComplete property set to integer value rather than a string value?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and the issue is confirmed on my side. The Planner.UpdateTaskV2() action is not same as that mentioned within the doc.

I think the percentComplete property is allowed to provide integer value is not supported within Planner.UpdateTaskV2() action within PowerApps currently.

As an alternative solution, please consider take a try with the Planner.UpdateTaskV3() action within your app. The percentComplete property within Planner.UpdateTaskV3() action is required to provide a integer value rather than Text value.

Within your app, please consider take a try with the following formula in your app:

Planner.UpdateTaskV3("Specific Task Id", {percentComplete: 80})

I would also post this issue to my product team, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
murrah

Thanks @v-xida-msft:

In my PowerApp, the Intellisence does not list V3 (see screen shot 17.29.55) and pasting in your sample gives an error (see screenshot 17.32.09). I am on Education A3 just in case that has anything to do with it. Do I have to turn anything on to get the V3 to be allowed?

Thanks,

Murray

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @murrah ,

I think this issue may be related to PowerApps license. Please consider upgrade your PowerApps license for your account to PowerApps Plan 1, then try it again within your app, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
murrah

Thanks Kris.

I understand that upgrading to that license level will cost us another $A13.70 per user per month which would double our current costs. I won't be doing that just to be able to save percentComplete as an integer instead of a string. 😉 

Thanks for your help.

Murray

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,351)