cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wosscr
Level: Powered On

Could not find connection 'cbaaf7feb51741fca497ac3d7566c5fb' for API 'shared_sql'.

Hey guys, 

I'm having a problem with my PowerApp, the app is somehow retaining a SQL Connection that is no longer used and that I removed from the data sources. When I try to share the app with the users they get a message saying "This app needs access to this connection", the same thing happen when I try to export the app (trying to solve the error before), but then I get the "Could not find connection 'cbaaf7feb51741fca497ac3d7566c5fb' for API 'shared_sql'." message.

When looking in my SQL Connections, I can see that there is that one that I removed already from the PowerApp saying that it is still being used by the app.

PowerApps A.png

When I am on edit mode in the app, and I look at the Data Sources (View -> Data Sources), it is not there. 

Any idea about how to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wosscr

Re: Could not find connection 'cbaaf7feb51741fca497ac3d7566c5fb' for API 'shared_sql'.

Here is an update on this matter.

I had a call with a Microsoft rep for about 1 hour, explaining what the issue was and after he saw it, no solution was found. I sent the fiddler traces, and because my issue was not urgent its level was lowered, 5 days later I'm still waiting for a response. 

Even though it is true, it wasn't an emergency, is not that I could just wait forever for a solution, so what I did was to rebuild the app again, fortunately it wasn't a big app and I could replicate everything in about 8 hours. My advice is, be careful with what you add and remove as data sources as there is clearly something wrong with PowerApps at this point. If I ever get a response from Microsoft, I'll update this post.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
K-A-R-L
Level 10

Re: Could not find connection 'cbaaf7feb51741fca497ac3d7566c5fb' for API 'shared_sql'.

Hi @Wosscr ,

You could try checking the apps using the connection on the connector itself. Open Powerapps then Go to File > Connections > Find your SQL Connector > Click Ellipsis (...) > Details > Apps using this Connection

or

Go to https://make.powerapps.com/ > Data Dropdown > Choose Connections > Find your SQL Connector > Click Ellipsis (...) > Details > Apps using this Connection

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks,
K-A-R-L

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Wosscr

Hi @K-A-R-L,

Yes, If I do that, I can see my PowerApp listed as one that uses that data source, which is precisely the problem I believe because I already removed it and is no longer available. If I go to View -> Data Sources in edit mode, I don't see it anywere, same thing if I add a control, say a data table, and try to connect it to a data source, that one doesn't show up. So I have no way to access it from my PowerApp, yet it says that is being used there. I don't know how to remove it so that I can share/export it.

Any ideas?

K-A-R-L
Level 10

Hi @Wosscr ,

It might be Cache problem, have you already tried deleting your broswer cache or try using different broswer and see if any of it works.

One odd solution is to PATIENTLY wait, eventually time will fix it. Smiley Very Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks,
K-A-R-L

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Wosscr ,

Do you mean that the connection you removed from your canva app still be used by this app?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side. I agree with @K-A-R-L 's thought, I think this issue may be related to the cache of connection within a canvas app.

As an fixed solution, you could consider remove the SQL connection from the Connection List in your PowerApps, then check if the issue is solved.

More details about removing connection from Connection List, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-manage-connections#update-or-delete...

In addition, if you want to get further help in this issue, please consier submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
Wosscr

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Thanks for the recommendations. I didn't want to do that (remove the connection from the list) because it was used in other flows, but I did it anyway to see what the outcome was, so I moved all the other flows to a new connection to the same data source, and finally removed the connection in question from the list. 

Now, I try to open the PowerApp and this is the message I receive:

PowerApps.png

I cannot allow it because the connection is not present, so I click "Don't Allow" to go to the edit mode of the app and I see no errors, like if there was a missing connection or anything. 

Any thoughts?

Wosscr

Here is an update on this matter.

I had a call with a Microsoft rep for about 1 hour, explaining what the issue was and after he saw it, no solution was found. I sent the fiddler traces, and because my issue was not urgent its level was lowered, 5 days later I'm still waiting for a response. 

Even though it is true, it wasn't an emergency, is not that I could just wait forever for a solution, so what I did was to rebuild the app again, fortunately it wasn't a big app and I could replicate everything in about 8 hours. My advice is, be careful with what you add and remove as data sources as there is clearly something wrong with PowerApps at this point. If I ever get a response from Microsoft, I'll update this post.

View solution in original post

LievenBoving

Hello I'm facing the same problem. Can you fix it yourself or do you need support from MS?

Wosscr

Hi @LievenBoving, I opened the case with MS, but they couldn't fix it, they couldn't replicate it.

In my case, the solution was to start an app from scratch and just copy over all the content. It worked for me because the app I had was in a very early stage, since then I've been exporting the app at least once a week in case this happens again. 

Try exporting the app, I tried that and I couldn't because the connection is not found, but if you can, maybe you have more hope than me. 

This is probably not the answer you expected. Sorry. 

LievenBoving

@Wosscr : Thanks for sharing that with me. 

There is a broken reference in the project structure. I need to ask MS :

Can there be a fix to remove the bad connections. It is very simple to reproduce. The blocking problem is not export, the problem is sharing with new users, new devices.

Kind Regards Lieven

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 187 members 6,008 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: