Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Babalaul
Level: Powered On

Countrows in a gallery and save the number to a sharepoint list

Hi guys,

I have a gallery connected to a different sharepoint list , that shows me "done" and "pending" items. To my main list i will add 2 columns, Done and Pending and would like to show those numbers in there. Like 6 pending,  5 done.

Each item in the master list will show like max 10-12 done pending items.

Any idea how to do this  ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Countrows in a gallery and save the number to a sharepoint list

Hi @Babalaul,

My understanding is that you only want to modify one item in the master list, to make their values in pending and done columns shown as the number of items in another list. If my understanding is correct, then you could set the Text property of the 2 Label controls to:

Label1.Text=CountRows(Filter(List,Status.Value="Pending"))
Label2.Text=CountRows(Filter(List,Status.Value="Done"))

Then use Patch function to update this to the corresponding columns in master list.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft Employee

Hello @Babalaul

Just to clarify, based on a certain column that contains several rows with "Pending" and "Done" values, you would like to generate 2 items: One containning the total number of "Pending" values occurences and another containning the number of "Done" occurences. Is this correct?

Babalaul
Level: Powered On

Based on another list actually. So my master list has file numbers. and my secondary list has the items that are pending or done for each file number. I linked them together with powerapps. But now i would like to add 2 extra columns on my master list, one will show the number of items pending and the other one the number of items are done for each file number. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Babalaul,

My understanding is that you only want to modify one item in the master list, to make their values in pending and done columns shown as the number of items in another list. If my understanding is correct, then you could set the Text property of the 2 Label controls to:

Label1.Text=CountRows(Filter(List,Status.Value="Pending"))
Label2.Text=CountRows(Filter(List,Status.Value="Done"))

Then use Patch function to update this to the corresponding columns in master list.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,993)