cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven_Ross_Lee
Level: Powered On

Create Folder with Outlook365 connector

What I would like to do is, when a record is created within my App, I would like the Outlook 365 connector to CREATE a new FOLDER in my Outlook mailbox.

I have searched through the reference information for this connector and can not find anything related to creating a folder.  Can someone please confirm that this is, or is not currently possible? If not, will it ever be possible?

Thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Create Folder with Outlook365 connector

@Steven_Ross_Lee 

Yep...I'm afraid so at this point.  Always a good thing to throw into the Idea forum

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

@Steven_Ross_Lee 

There is not a specific "create folder" function.  However, there is create file, and it will create the folder for the file if the folder does not exist.

The trick is to just create a file in your new folder path and then delete it. Then you will have the new folder.

I hope that sheds some light.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Steven_Ross_Lee

Randy.

I don't follow you.

I want to create a folder within my Outlook mailbox. Not a file folder on my system.

/Steve

Super User
Super User

@Steven_Ross_Lee 

Doh...I glossed over that part "Outlook".  Sorry about that!

But, that one is worse because, no, there is no way to do that.  You could try to experiment with the Move email function and see if that creates a folder, but you'd have to move something to do it.  Not sure on that one.

Steven_Ross_Lee

I looked at the Move as well and it seems you have to provide a valid folder name that already exists.

Hopefully, the PowerApps Dev team has it in their list of functionality to add.

For now, the end user will have to manulayy created a secified folder in their mailbox.

Thanks,

Steve

Super User
Super User

@Steven_Ross_Lee 

Yep...I'm afraid so at this point.  Always a good thing to throw into the Idea forum

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Steven_Ross_Lee ,

Agree with @RandyHayes , if you like this feature,please vote here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Office-365-Outlook-create-folder/idi-p/54453

Best Regards.

Yumia

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,208)