cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: Create a Button to Add User Information

@Salamander94 

We're making progress.  Now let's look at your Items property for your BrowseGallery1.  This should be going to the datasource.  If not, then this would be a source of needing to be refreshed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Salamander94
Level: Powered On

Yes, immense progress and I don't mean to be rude by asking for more help.  I do greatly appreacite this all.

SortByColumns(Filter(IPC_LIB, StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Alphabatize", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

That's what  I have set for my items property of the gallery. 

Salamander94
Level: Powered On

Okay so I changed the code on the button slightyl to:

Patch(IPC_LIB, BrowseGallery1.Selected,{'Checked Out By' : If(IsBlank(BrowseGallery1.Selected.'Checked Out By'),User().FullName,"")});Back() && Refresh(IPC_LIB)

and now I can see the update as soon as I get back to the browse screen.

Super User
Super User

@Salamander94 

Yes, you can definitely do that and it will work.  However, given what we're looking at, you shouldn't have to do it since you're patching the datasource directly.  

However, you might want to change that formula just a bit...

Patch(IPC_LIB, 
BrowseGallery1.Selected,
{'Checked Out By' : If(IsBlank(BrowseGallery1.Selected.'Checked Out By'),User().FullName,"")}
);
Refresh(IPC_LIB);
Back()

Just taking out the logical AND operator you had in there and putting the refresh first. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,837)