cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TByrd13
Level: Powered On

Create a repeating section in PowerApps Form editor.

I am trying to create a repeating section in a PowerApp form and I can't find any resources for this. I am aware that you can do this if you are using powerapps as an app but I'm making a form. Please let me know if more information is needed.

8 REPLIES 8
Microsoft Employee

Re: Create a repeating section in PowerApps Form editor.

Hello @TByrd13 ,

I assume you're trying to create a repeating section in your SharePoint form. If so then have you tried customizing the form in PowerApps? You mentioned that you could do this in a regular app and I can't see why you would not be able to do something similar in a customized SharePoint form in PowerApps. You could unlock the cards and customize them as you whish.

TByrd13

So I've watched some videos on how to create the repeating section when you are creating and app but when using PowerApps to develop a form those options don't translate well. The solution I saw involved working with two list and setting up two data sources that are handeling different information. I don't see how this would work for me with designing a sharepoint form.

Microsoft Employee

You should be able to add the second list to the app with your form. You should also be able to unllock cards on that form and edit them. Can you please specify which steps you cannot apply?

TByrd13

I have unlocked the cards on the form the issue more so comes when I am trying to reference a second list the data connection doesn't work properly. I'm assuming you all may have some kind of guidance on this topic but if not I will just try to make the video solution work.

Microsoft Employee

You mentioned that you're following a guide to make it work. Can you please provide the link to that guide?

TByrd13

I am following the Shane Young video series on repeating sections in powerapps. The video series here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgznk4XlPCo

I have attempted to fit his design to work but I am quite confused.

Microsoft Employee

Thanks. I will review the suggestion and will reply with my findings.

Microsoft Employee

Reviewed the video and I think I understand the issue better now. Here is the problem:

The video shows how to create an app to store multiple records from the same "container" control which is a set of nested galleries with child controls. However, a SharePoint form manages data for a single row only. The functionality to add multiple rows is handled by the SharePoint where you can save the data from a form and create a new one. That functionality cannot be modified as a part of the form customization.

You could build a separate app such as in that video as an alternative way to manage List data. You could even post the link to that app somewhere in SharePoint for easy access.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 372 members 5,545 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: