cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a workflow forms

Hi, 

I would like to create a risk management workflow using forms that would be as follow: 

1° Firstly the forms would contain the following data: 

- The Risk ID (ideally it will fill in automatically) 

- The Requester Name (the data would be selected from the contact list fom outlook -> Is that possible?) 

- The Department (would be fill in automatically depending on the Requester Name)

- The Date of the Request (that would be fill in automatically following the today's date)

- The Description of the issue (free field with limited amount of characters)

- The Type of the Issue (Drop Down menu that would depends on the Department selected)

- The Risk Level (Drop Down menu -> Low, Medium, High) 

2°) Then the manager will receive a alert that there is a new risk to manage 

- The risks will be classify and order following the criticality (Low, Medium, High) 

The manager will enter the following data: 

- Action owner (from a drop down menu depending on the department or the type of issue selected above)

- Start date (automatically depending on the day's date)

... etc (If I can perform the two first flow I would be able to perfom all the workflow...)

Please let me know if my request was not clear enough

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create a workflow forms

So where do you prefer to store the actual data?

To answer your questions:

• Generate the ID automatically is prefered to configure from the data source side, such as SQL Server table,
  • You could take use of the Office 365 Outlook connector with the function GetContacts to list available people, the returned body would be a string of contact object, which contains the Department,
  • Use today() or Now() to get today's date,
  • For Alert receive, you could choose either PowerApps push Notification, or through Office 365 Outlook Send Email function.

If you would like the manager to enter data back, then here we should use the PowerApps push Notification, and specify another App with the AppID, which is used to generate the manager response and send it back to the data source.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,006)