cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kman42
Level: Powered On

Create collections and make local calls or make repeated calls to remote source?

I have a remote mySQL database to which I make repeated calls. Is it more efficient to run a ClearCollect OnStart and gather the subset I need and then make calls to the local collection or make individual calls out to the remote database? I have a bunch of complicated labels in some galleries that need to access this data.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create collections and make local calls or make repeated calls to remote source?

Hi @kman42 ,

Yes.

If you store data in collection, the data processing will only work inside powerapps.

While if you call remote data from sql server, you need to transfer data everytime you call. This will spend much time.

The first way will save the time of transferring data, which will make the app perform better.

What's more, call remote sql sever will also case delegation problem while collection will not.

The delegation problem may lead to getting wrong result.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Create collections and make local calls or make repeated calls to remote source?

In general it will be more efficient to make calls against the local collection rather than round trip to the database.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @kman42 ,

Yes.

If you store data in collection, the data processing will only work inside powerapps.

While if you call remote data from sql server, you need to transfer data everytime you call. This will spend much time.

The first way will save the time of transferring data, which will make the app perform better.

What's more, call remote sql sever will also case delegation problem while collection will not.

The delegation problem may lead to getting wrong result.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,138)