Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NNikumbh
Level: Powered On

Create complex form

Hi Experts, 

Need your suggession on this problem statement: 

SharePoint master supplier List has some 20 Columns. Each supplier has multiple addresses. 

Address list has these columns: SupplierID(lookup), Address(multi-line), Terms(multi-line), Countries(multi-choice lookup). Country master is separate list. 

Now I got to design a form where user will have ability to fill in multiple address while creating New supplier. 

I am thinking in this direction

- Create main form

- Have a button to navigate to address screen somewhere on the form (custom card). 

- address screen will have a gallery to capture address details, with ability to add new rows -> add that record in a collection. 

- User comes back on main form -> submit -> main item created in Supplier list -> take last submit id -> add collection data to the address list. 

While all this looks possible, I am finding difficult to write the related code for creating that collection and saving to the list. 

Please help. 

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create complex form

Hi @NNikumbh ,

Can you please explain more about what you are tying to achieve? 

1. On the address screen, does the gallery have a different data source other than Supplier list? 

2. About creating main item in Supplier list, did you mean to create a new item?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,156)