cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
muges01
Level: Power Up

Creating a free environment for individual use was not provisioning on US region

Hi, 

I tried to create a personal environment so that i can learn some AI builder functionality but unfortunately when i create my personal environment it was created on UK region instead of US region. Can someone guide me on how to change this personal environment to US region? I have tried to delete this environment but it automatically created back on UK region.

Any guidance will be helpful. Thank you in advanced.

Regards

Mugilan

4 REPLIES 4
PowerAddict
Level 10

Re: Creating a free environment for individual use was not provisioning on US region

As per Microsoft docs, "You cannot change the region once the environment is created."

Here is the link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/create-environment-powerapps

That being said, I am not sure if Microsoft might so it for you if you create a ticket but I would suggest creating a new one.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Creating a free environment for individual use was not provisioning on US region

Hi @muges01 ,

I have made a test on my side, and also find that individual environment will be created in the region closest to you, even if you have selected other region when creating. I will submit this issue to Teams to check if this is a bug. You can also Get Help + Support in PowerPlatform Admin, for more reference: Get Help + Support .

As an alternative workaround, you can try to create a trial or production environment and choose the US region, then the AI builder would be available.
Best regards,

Sik

muges01
Level: Power Up

Hi
I can’t create new developer environment, because it will be automatically created from the PowerApps community site. I only can create production or trial type environment and not developer type environment. I did try to delete the developer environment (I mean personal) but it automatically recreated back on the UK region.

I guess I just have to wait for the AI builder for available on UK region.
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Yes, I am with you on that.

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,856)