cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Level 8

Currency and decimal format

Hello there,

I have a table exported from Microsoft Access in excel, that table has all of the info that I request for my power app, in that table I have two fields which is I would like to show as it is, the first one has a decimal format and the second one has a currency format, in my excel file I can see properly, but in my power app I only see just the number wtihout any format.

Any idea? 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Currency and decimal format

Hi Sajarac,

Here is the screenshot of my database configuration:

Number.PNGDate and Time.PNG

Then I export the data from Access in Excel, format the data as a table, save it in OneDrive, create an app from data with this Excel file. In the app, Number and Data and Time fields are shown as below:

Textbefore.PNG

Then I configure the Text property of Date and Time field as: Text(Date_x0020_and_x0020_Time,ShortDate), the Text property of Number field as: Text(Number,"[$-en-US]###,###.##"), then the Currency field as: Text(Currency,"[$-en-US]$###,###"). The screenshot after configuration:

Textafter.PNG

Here is the steps, hope it can be a reference for you. please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Sajarac,

You could use Text function to format a number on PowerApps. For more details, please see this article for a reference:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-text/

I have a table exported from Microsoft Access in Excel, then I save the Excel file in OneDrive, create an app with this Excel file. In the app, I use Text function to format the number.
>About the Currency field, I set its Text property to: Text(Field1,"[$-en-US]$,###,##.##")
>About the Number field, I set its Text property to: Text(Field2,"[$-en-US]###,##.##")

On the app, it shown as below:

Access.PNG

Please try if this works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sajarac
Level 8

Thank you very much, it works for the currency, but no for the decimal field, also I've tried to change the date format to remove the time but didn't work.

Screen.png

PowerApps Staff AndyPennell
PowerApps Staff

I would take a guess that the type of your Start_Date column is text, not datetime. You need to convert that string into a PowerApps date, then format it, with something like

Text(DateValue(Start_x0020_Date), ShortDate)

I don't have enough information to try and assist with the decimal issue.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Sajarac,

Thanks for your reply. Could you show us your data source configuration? How is the decimal field and data and time field configured in the Access?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

sajarac
Level 8

Thank you very much for your reply, here are some screen shots:

SQFT.JPGstartdate.JPG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Sajarac,

Here is the screenshot of my database configuration:

Number.PNGDate and Time.PNG

Then I export the data from Access in Excel, format the data as a table, save it in OneDrive, create an app from data with this Excel file. In the app, Number and Data and Time fields are shown as below:

Textbefore.PNG

Then I configure the Text property of Date and Time field as: Text(Date_x0020_and_x0020_Time,ShortDate), the Text property of Number field as: Text(Number,"[$-en-US]###,###.##"), then the Currency field as: Text(Currency,"[$-en-US]$###,###"). The screenshot after configuration:

Textafter.PNG

Here is the steps, hope it can be a reference for you. please feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

View solution in original post

jcollins
Level: Powered On

what if your field doesn't have the "Text" property? 

it is a Number field in the sharepoint list but I don't see a "Text" property for it nor my "single line text" column fields.  ugh... 

Chicko29

How you accomplish the same with a euro sign? I tried changing the dollar sign to a euro sign but it generated an error

kaleyanne

Does the Text('Total Spend',"[$-en-US]$###,###") go in the Role section under Data Menu from the Advanced Tab? Or where does it go? 

It let's me submit it there without errors, but it is not updating the number to display it as currency. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 391 members 6,672 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: