cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonPearsonCC
Level: Power Up

Custom Connectors - Google My Business

Hi,

I want to see if I can consume the Google My Business ("GMB") api's through PowerApps, using OAUTH2.

Exciting times!!

There's a fair bit of background reading on this ... mostly on the Google side (I've been able to use their OATH playground successfully, which is an achievement in its own right).  I've also started playing around with powerapps for my first time, and understand I need to create a custom connector - so I've done that and input all necessary fields fairly easily (there's even a Google OAUTH section!).

I've also added the redirectURL to my Google Deveoper Console credentials - an important step.

PROBLEM: When I try to connect to the custom conector to test it, I'm prompted (as expected) to signin to my google account - which then produces an error of:

{"Message":"The request is invalid.","ModelState":{"consentInfo":["No consent server information was associated with this request."]}}

A quick (ironic) Google search seems to indicate this is an issue on the powerapps side..  just to be sure that it's not Google being defensive, I did a Bing search as well - and got the same indicated result..

I'm at a loss where to look next on this error.  Could you wonderful people help me out at all?  

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Custom Connectors - Google My Business

Hi @SimonPearsonCC ,

Have you enabled the "Google My Business" API for your Google account?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think you could create a custom connector based on "Google My Business" API in PowerApps.

Before you use "Google My Business" API in PowerApps, please make sure that you have enabled the "Google My Business" API for your Google account, and complete the Prerequisites for accessing the "Google My Business" API.

More details about the Prerequisites for accessing the "Google My Business" API, please check the following article:

https://developers.google.com/my-business/content/prereqs?refresh=1

Also please check if you have created a proper OAuth 2.0 client ID and credential in your Google developer console.

On your side, you could consider try your "Google My Business" API using Postman tool along with proper OAUTH2 credential, check if the HTTP request works well.

More details about creating a custom connector in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/register-custom-api

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SimonPearsonCC

Hi Kris, thanks for the comments.

I've gone through the quite extensive process of enabling Google My Business API's on my account - and this has been tested in both the OAUTH playground (https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground) and Postman, using my clientid and secret.

I've been able to successfully call many of the methods in the API as well - so with that all tested I now want to move this to a powerapp!!  I've created the custom connector, copied the redirect url from there to the google credentials page, and am able to test the connection all the way to the sign in page, where I can choose the account and get the "azure-apim.net wants to access your google account" message.  Its after this point where the error occurs, at this URL: https://europe-001.consent.azure-apim.net/redirect?state=[redacted]

It appears that in trying to redirect back to the powerapps page, that it throws an exception.

Again, I think this is MS's side, not google....

Administrator
Administrator

Hi @SimonPearsonCC are you still experiencing this issue?

@TopShelf-MSFT 

SimonPearsonCC

Hi TopShelf,

Apologies, I've just had a weeks holiday hence the delay in my response.

Yes I am still experiencing this issue... happy to walk through any steps necessary to help identify!

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 318 members 6,710 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: