cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kchurchill
Level: Powered On

Custom PowerForm is not saving changes when I edit in it

In my SharePoint list- if I select an item and hit "Edit", the custom form appears. When I change/update/delete data in my fields the changes are not being saved, even though it appears everything is working correctly. I made zero adjustments to the automated form besides rearranging the order of the columns. Attached is a screen grab of the actions on my "SharePointForm1" for reference. Does anyone have a simple solution or see something that I am missing?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Custom PowerForm is not saving changes when I edit in it

Does the SharePoint view show the changes you made in the PowerApps form? I have an open ticket on an issue where the changes are appearing in the SharePoint view but when I open the form it still shows the old values. Now if I make changes then open a another item in the view and then go back to the item I changed and it open it, it shows the updated values. In my case I believe it is a caching issue and have been able to reproduce the issue for the support ticket using a new list with a PowerApps custom form and just the title field.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Custom PowerForm is not saving changes when I edit in it

Hi @kchurchill ,

Maybe you need to check OnEdit and OnSave Property of SharePointIntegration if they like below.
OnEdit: EditForm(SharePointForm1)
OnSave: SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

Also you can try the following Formula to OnSave property to change another ways to modify your data.

If(
    Text(SharePointForm1.Mode) = "0",
    Patch(
        Maintenance Contracts,
        SharePointIntegration.Selected,
        {Your Field1: DataCardValue1.Text, Your Field2: DataCardValue2.Text, Your Field3: DataCardValue3.Text, … }
    )
);
If(
    Text(SharePointForm1.Mode) = "1",
    Patch(
        Maintenance Contracts,
        Defaults(Maintenance Contracts),
        {Your Field1: DataCardValue1.Text, Your Field2: DataCardValue2.Text, Your Field3: DataCardValue3.Text, … }
    )
);
ResetForm(SharePointForm1);
RequestHide()

At last, If All the property is right, please consider removing the Custom form from your SP List, then re-create a new one, check if the issue is fixed.

Best Regard,
Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,789)