cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarryBarkley
Level: Powered On

Re: Custom SharePoint list form, Person field not displaying values in people picker

maybe we can check if selected item's "Claims" field contains "membership" text.......  "i:0#.f|membership....."

if not, don't allow selection.... or maybe remove from resultset of Choices(...)

but regardless..... probably better to have groups on than changing controls or multi-select always on.

Microsoft Employee

Re: Custom SharePoint list form, Person field not displaying values in people picker

Thank you for the provided information. In my case, I had my SharePoint column configured as "Persons or Gorups". When I change it to "Persons only" then I can reproduce the issue. 

I will update this thread with ETA to release the fixed version.

MikeTwister

Can confirm I have the same issue. 

2 Weeks for a fix is kind of .... not great to say the least.

Microsoft Employee

Hi Mike,

We're looking into ways to expedite the fix but I don't have any more details now. I will update this thread when I have more information.

Thanks,

We experience the same (or similar) issue. It appeared suddenly yesterday. I can replicate it in two PowerApps environments.

Perfectly working PowerApps can be "broken" if we open it in Design mode and save it.

The result will look like this:

People picker.png

Picker 2.png

Microsoft Employee

Update: The fixed version should be available in the next couple of days.

BarryBarkley

Thanks for the update @dinusc, please let us know when it's released, so we can remove the allow groups workaround soonest...

ChrisCain
Level: Power Up

Oh thank goodness, I was worried I'd done something horribly wrong.

"I could have sworn this was working the other day!"

Glad to hear a fix is coming soon. 

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

The fix has been deployed. If you have already published an app with the bug, you will have to open the app in PowerApps Studio and re-publish to get the fix. We apologize for the inconvenience and are reviewing how we can prevent similar incidents from happening in future.

Please let me know if you still are having problems with this issue.

View solution in original post

bethtip

Has the fix been deployed to all tenants?  I have several custom forms that I was about to roll out.  I thought they were working perfectly until I tried to add a new item using a test user I created. Person fields do not do a lookup. I even made my test user a member of the site owners group.  In addition to the Person field not working, choice fields do not display choices.  Instead when a user other than myself tries to add an item it displays "Displaying 0 result(s)" when the drop-down arrow is clcked. With all these forms, these fields work if I use a default Sharepoint form instead of a custom PowerApp form. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 296 members 6,351 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: