cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aldenniklas
Level: Powered On

Customised Sharepoint list forms permissions (PowerApps)

So, I have two different Sharepoint lists:

- Employees

- Projects

Now, I want to use PowerApps to customise the form for adding entries to the Projects-list. In this customised form I add a dropdown where you can choose which employee is assigned to a certain project. 

I've added the Employee-list in the data sources for the PowerApp and it works fine when testing. I've also tried to use Collect to fetch the list, which also works fine in testing but as soon as I save and publish the app. The dropdown is empty. 

So, it seems that a customised Sharepoint list form cannot acces any other data source than the list you are customising for. Any solutions to this?

P.S.

I also tried using Flow for fetching the other list but it seems this is limited as well.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Customised Sharepoint list forms permissions (PowerApps)

Hi @aldenniklas,

The customization features for customizing a list form is the same as those for customizing a standalone app. You can add and configure controlsconnect to available data sources, or add your own data sources, just like you can with standalone apps. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

aldenniklas

This is a bit embarassing but apperantly the problem was that one of my browser extensions we're blocking me from viewing PowerApps correctly. I disabled it and then the form was working correctly.

Thank you for taking the time!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

I don't think this is a limitation because I am doing this in one of my forms. In my case I created a PowerApps custom form on my main list which included a lookup field to another list and it worked just fine. The only data source I needed in Powerapps was to my main list. I didn't need a data source to my lookup list. Are you using a Lookup field in your Project list to get the employee information from the Employee list? If lookup field in the out of the box SharePoint form works correctly then it should also work in the PowerApps custom form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @aldenniklas,

The customization features for customizing a list form is the same as those for customizing a standalone app. You can add and configure controlsconnect to available data sources, or add your own data sources, just like you can with standalone apps. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

aldenniklas

This is a bit embarassing but apperantly the problem was that one of my browser extensions we're blocking me from viewing PowerApps correctly. I disabled it and then the form was working correctly.

Thank you for taking the time!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 326 members 6,143 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: