cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Customize edit form

I have few questions about edit form and would greatly appreciate any clarification/help on those questions.

1. Is it possible to customize layout of the Edit Form? As of now I insert Edit Form, connect to data (SharePoint list) and select which fields to show. However, it only allows to vertically stack different cards, and, if I am not mistaken, one card can be linked to one column. Is there a way to make custom form layout? As in have cards horizontal next to each other. Or more directly how can I have two or three text inputs, which link to different fields in SharePoint list next to each other horizontally not vertically.

2. What is the best practice to show/ hide edit form inputs based on other inputs? For example if one input is Boolean and if it is selected as true show another input field where you can insert text.

3. How would you set up something like this? There are two buttons on the screen, which displays a specific record in SharePoint list, one button says Approve another says Reject. Clicking Approve would change that specific record status, which is a text field, to Approved, while clicking reject would change the field status to Rejected.

Thanks a lot for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Customize edit form

1. Currently, the only option for forms is to have the cards stacked vertically. We're working on enabling the ability to distribute the cards horizontally as well, it's coming in a future release.

2&3. You can use the Advanced pane to set the Visible property of certain cards. Here's an example of how you'd do that. I started with a simple SQL table, but it should work for Sharepoint lists as well. The table has 4 columns:

create table dbo.deleteme2 (
   Id INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
   Name NVARCHAR(100),
   BoolValue Bit,
   Next NVARCHAR(100)
)

In my scenario, if the third column (a boolean value) is set to false, the value of the last column (called 'Next') is not necessary, so I can hide the card that shows it. After creating an app from that table, here's the edit screen:

ForumPost-001.PNG

To find out the name of the toggle control that has the boolean value that we want to use to show/hide the last card, we can press the ALT key and it will be shown:

ForumPost-002.PNG

We now know that the toggle is named 'DataCardValue6' (you can change it if you want, but for this post, I'll leave it as is). Now select the card that you want to change, and then select the 'Advanced' option in the right-side pane. There you'll be able to set the visibility of the card itself, but you'll need to click the 'more options' button on the bottom:

ForumPost-003.PNG

Now update the Visible property to use the value of the toggle control as shown below. If you preview the app, you should be able to hide/show the card based on the value of the boolean property.

ForumPost-004.PNG

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

1. Currently, the only option for forms is to have the cards stacked vertically. We're working on enabling the ability to distribute the cards horizontally as well, it's coming in a future release.

2&3. You can use the Advanced pane to set the Visible property of certain cards. Here's an example of how you'd do that. I started with a simple SQL table, but it should work for Sharepoint lists as well. The table has 4 columns:

create table dbo.deleteme2 (
   Id INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
   Name NVARCHAR(100),
   BoolValue Bit,
   Next NVARCHAR(100)
)

In my scenario, if the third column (a boolean value) is set to false, the value of the last column (called 'Next') is not necessary, so I can hide the card that shows it. After creating an app from that table, here's the edit screen:

ForumPost-001.PNG

To find out the name of the toggle control that has the boolean value that we want to use to show/hide the last card, we can press the ALT key and it will be shown:

ForumPost-002.PNG

We now know that the toggle is named 'DataCardValue6' (you can change it if you want, but for this post, I'll leave it as is). Now select the card that you want to change, and then select the 'Advanced' option in the right-side pane. There you'll be able to set the visibility of the card itself, but you'll need to click the 'more options' button on the bottom:

ForumPost-003.PNG

Now update the Visible property to use the value of the toggle control as shown below. If you preview the app, you should be able to hide/show the card based on the value of the boolean property.

ForumPost-004.PNG

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CarlosFigueiraThanks Carlos great info!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,906)