cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haru
Level: Powered On

Customize forms - FormMode.New problem

Hi! I'm working with sharepoint list customize forms.

I wrote a function in MainScreen OnVisible

If(formMain.Mode = FormMode.New, UpdateContext({formTypeNew:true}), UpdateContext({formTypeNew:false}));

But when I click New button in SP list and new form is opened, formNewType value is always false.

I've tried to change the condition to formMain.Mode = FormMode.Edit, in this case formTypeNew value is true.

But it's a new form, not old one. Is there a problem in my formula? It's working fine in common powerapp, not customize forms' one.

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Customize forms - FormMode.New problem

The SharePointInegration control is setting the form mode for PowerApps custom forms. In your code you are referencing "formMain" and the auto generated form is called "SharePointForm1", so I am assuming that you have been making some changes to what was auto generated. If this is the case you will need to look at the Advance properties pane for "SharePointIntegration" and see how the New, Edit and View forms are being set.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 334 members 6,983 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: