Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Migrated_User
Level 10

Data Not Updating in PowerApps

Content migrated from TechNet.  Post attribution to: ChristianTejada

Hi Everyone,

I've been playing with PowerApps for the past few days and I've been experiencing quite some few weird issues. For some reason, my data doesn't update in PowerApps whenever I update the Excel sheet. The same is true for both sample templates and blank templates created from scratch. It'll create fine using the data I have, but once I go to modify the data in excel it will not reflect in powerapps. The same is true whether I check in editor, in the play section, or even upon app deployment. It's a rather weird issue, but I can't seem to get any data edited whether it be text, columns, or rows to update in the app.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is Dropbox or Gdrive not syncing properly? Or perhaps I'm not connecting the data properly?

Thanks,

Christian 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Migrated_User
Level 10

Re: Data Not Updating in PowerApps

Hi

Please use REFRESH(TableA; TableB,..) in:

- OnVisible, or

- a button, OnSelect.

So, when you change data in excel (NOT Structure), data will be refreshed (sync) automatically.

You can see ....... moving in from left to right on top the screen.

NB: This is new features compare to Project Siena (which is static).

Data syncing between Apps and Excel is done through PATCH. Please read the help file.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Migrated_User
Level 10

Hi

Please use REFRESH(TableA; TableB,..) in:

- OnVisible, or

- a button, OnSelect.

So, when you change data in excel (NOT Structure), data will be refreshed (sync) automatically.

You can see ....... moving in from left to right on top the screen.

NB: This is new features compare to Project Siena (which is static).

Data syncing between Apps and Excel is done through PATCH. Please read the help file.

View solution in original post

Migrated_User
Level 10

I've got the same issue.

My data is stored in an excel file which i stored in my personal onedrive.+

In my app is a save button and on the "OnSelect" method i use the update funtionality.

After that the data is only stored in may app, but nothing happens in my excel file.

I also tried the updateif - method with the same result.

Migrated_User
Level 10

Hi

Please use PATCH (..) NOT Update or Collect.

Please read other thread and help in Powerapps website. PATCH is for read/write, which is NEW in powerapps.

Feel free to share with me the apps over link.

Highlighted
Migrated_User
Level 10

One caveat I can add is that if you make edits to your Excel file, it will take a few seconds to upload to OneDrive. After those few seconds, that's when you want to push Refresh.

Also, if your Excel file is open, you will not be able to write to it using Patch, Update, or UpdateIf. I am working on a way to check if it is okay to write. I will link it here once I figure it out.

sajarac
Level 8

Hello there, sorry to open this issue again, but I cannot figure out how to do this?

I have my power apps with an excel file, the template has the "SAVE" default button at the top which is does the submitform, but it saves the data into the form not in the excel file.

could you please explain how to achieve this?

JV_DXB
Level: Powered On

Hello @Migrated_User 

I am new to Power Apps. I have an excel file from One Drive which is used as the data source. I am unable to see updates which are done on the excel source file (adding a new row to excel). I already have a refresh button with Refresh(Table1). I have checked by closing the Excel on One drive and then refreshing, closing the app and reopening etc., but the changes on Excel do not reflect back on the App.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 289 members 5,964 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: