Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tomgardzinski
Level: Powered On

Data Sources not showing in PowerApps edit screen

Hello,

Can someone tell me why my data source is not showing up on the left sidebar when clicked? I created this out of the box and connected but it is not showing. This is frustrating because when I change the sharepoint list columns I don't have a mechanism to refresh the datasource so that App reflects the updated sharepoint list. Thoughts? Much appreciated.datasource not showin.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tomgardzinski

Re: Data Sources not showing in PowerApps edit screen

Here is what fixed the problem. Turn this off and then it worked.

data experience off.PNG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
tomgardzinski

Then in another instance with an older power app i'm seeing the data connections on the RH side but the scroll window is so small I can't even click on the ... to refresh the data source(s). On the LH side there is no button to see the list of data sources, which is slightly expected because the app is older, whereas the original message shows an app that I created today on November 8.data not showin2.PNG

tomgardzinski

In IE it works fine. I'm only seeing the issue in Chrome.

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @tomgardzinski ,

Could you share the App studio version of your apps? Does all your app meet this issues?

If you can't find the data sources panel, you should be able to open the Data Source by navigating to View->Data Source, click on it, then the Data Source list would show out:

Snipaste_2019-11-11_15-51-44.png

Best regards,

Sik

If my post is helpful for you, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.

tomgardzinski

Hi @v-siky-msft ,

I'm using Power  Apps release # 3.19104.33. Is that the studio version? I'm not sure.

When I use IE there is no option to add a data source when I attempt to click data on the left hand side, or the "View" tab > "Data"

When I use Chrome I can see the data source I'm connected to, if I create an App using from "Start from data" option. However, PowerApps is not giving me an option to add another data source. Likewise, in Chrome, when I start from blank, PowerApps doesn't give me an option to connect to a data source. Please help.

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @tomgardzinski ,

Can you try this in the latest PowerApps version 3.19111.26?

Please login to https://as.create.powerapps.com/studio/#,  open the app and publish it.

Best regards,

Sik

tomgardzinski

Hello @v-siky-msft 

I tried what you have outlined and it did not fix the issue.

Chrome

I did notice that when I tried in Chrome it looked like it was going to open in the pic below, however it flipped back to the default.

First:no data connection8.PNG

But then switched to:

no data connection7.PNG

Then in Chrome after opening the app my data sources did not show, nor could I add another data source:no data connection4.PNG

FireFox
In Firefox it was perceived that the app was opened with the upgrade Power Apps version you intended me to open in as illustrated:no data connection6.PNG

However, after opening the app and reviewing data sources, my data sources were listed but I was unable to add a data source :

no data mozilla.PNG

In summary, this did not fix the issue.

tomgardzinski

Here is what fixed the problem. Turn this off and then it worked.

data experience off.PNG

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,666)