Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
powerappstx
Level: Powered On

Data Table + SharePoint Relationship/lookup

Hi,

I have two tables: "Employees" which containsa list of all of our employees and "Training" which contains a list of all of the training classes that the employee needs to complete. Both tables also an "EmployeeID" column.

I am building a datatable to show the list of employees and then a column for each of the 15 classes that they have either taken or completed, which is identified with a yes/no.

Since these are two seperate tables, I need a way to lookup the EmployeeID from the Training table into the EmployeeID  within the Employee table. I have tried the below code but can't seem to get it working. Can anyone provide some guidance?

Note: on the Data Table I have added Training.EmployeeID, Training.Class1, Training.Class2, etc. On the Training.EmployeeID column I would like to rename this from EmployeeID to a lookup into the Employee table and RETURN the Employee.EmployeeName field.

LookUp(MAX_Employee_Training, ThisItem.EmployeeID = MAX_Config_Employees.EmployeeID, MAX_Config_Employees.EmployeeName)

Expected outcome:

Employee.EmployeeName, Training.Class1, Training.Class2, Training.Class3, etc.

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Data Table + SharePoint Relationship/lookup

Hi @powerappstx 

If you are not committed to using datatables, I was wondering if you would consider the GroupBy() function and a flexible height Gallery and Subgallery.  To do it you would 

ClearCollect(coltraining,GroupBy(Training,"EmployeeID", "RestofData"))

Then you would have an outer gallery with the Items property of coltraining.  In this gallery you would put a label with the Text property Lookup(Employee,EmployeeID =ThisItem.EmployeeID,EmployeeName)  Then put a gallery inside of the first one with the Items property RestofData.   In this subgallery you could have all of the training sessions attended by the employee in the outer gallery.  I did something similar with Customers and Orders.  It helps to set the fill property of the subgallery to a different color.Screenshot_3.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 169 members 5,841 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: