cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccancino
Level: Powered On

Data Table not displaying data

It was working just fine about 2 days ago but now my data tables do not display anything. I have a home screen that has a gallery then based on that gallery id I filter my data table on the next screen. I've tried everything but no luck.

Any Ideas? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ccancino

Re: Data Table not displaying data

Figured it out! For some reason my function/syntax stopped working as it was working fine before. So to get it to display I used the following:

SortByColumns(Filter('[dbo].[power_deal_vendor]', Text(deal_id) = DataCardValue5_1.Text), "id", Descending)

Instead of converting the right hand side with Value(DataCardValue5_1.Text) I did it on the left side instead even though it gives me a warning sign.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DanielaH
Level 8

Hello,

Have you tried simply removing the data table and re-adding it?

Otherwise providing a screenshot and the function/syntax you use might help resolve this for you.

ccancino

I've attached an image of what my table looks like, empty and here is  my function/syntax:

SortByColumns(Filter('[dbo].[power_deal_vendor]', deal_id = Value(DataCardValue5_1.Text)), "id", Descending)

ccancino

I've tried re-adding the table as suggested but nothing and also it displays data on the edit environment but not once published.

Eickhel
Level 8

Hey,

Have you tried testing if you're getting data without filtering just to check if you're receiving any data at all?

ccancino

Did not try this but when not filtering just regular o data source it works.

ccancino

Figured it out! For some reason my function/syntax stopped working as it was working fine before. So to get it to display I used the following:

SortByColumns(Filter('[dbo].[power_deal_vendor]', Text(deal_id) = DataCardValue5_1.Text), "id", Descending)

Instead of converting the right hand side with Value(DataCardValue5_1.Text) I did it on the left side instead even though it gives me a warning sign.

View solution in original post

Eickhel
Level 8

Hi,

I guess you are getting the warning because of the delegation. You are issuing a function on the data source itself, this could led you to bad performance later on.

Is the "DataCardValue5_1.Text" a number? try to fix it on the PowerApps side to avoid issues along the way.

ccancino

Yes, it is a number and yes I got the warning sign but its the only way I could make it work. It wont display doing it the correct way which was:

id = Value(DataCardValue.Text)

which was working but suddenly stopped working and I do not know why.

Eickhel
Level 8

It should work that way but it might be a conversion issue.

Have you tried veryfing the result of Value(DataCardValue.Text) in a variable?

UpdateContext({test:Value(DataCardValue.Text)}) 

And then check the variable though View / Variables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,061)