cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yaymichelle
Level: Powered On

Data Table shows [object Object] instead of data (varchar)

I have a data table, using a SQL view as its datasource. For one of the columns, I updated the data type (in the table used for the view) from int to varchar(10). After making the change, the data table started showing [object Object] rather than the data (which still looks like an integer). All other varchar columns show just fine... so not sure what could be going on? 

I've tried creating a new data table and the problem persists... 

powerappprob.PNGProblem Columnimage2019-4-15_13-47-8.pngOld working versiondatasource.PNGproblem column at the data source

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Data Table shows [object Object] instead of data (varchar)

As a test, in SQL Server, can you try CASTing the field in the View to varchar(10)? It seems perhaps PowerApps is getting confused about the retrurned data type.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

@yaymichelle 

You might want to consider removing the DataSource and then adding it back to "refresh" the schema to PowerApps.

I hope that is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
yaymichelle

I've tried removing both the table and the view, and re-adding both... No dice. 

Super User
Super User

As a test, in SQL Server, can you try CASTing the field in the View to varchar(10)? It seems perhaps PowerApps is getting confused about the retrurned data type.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@yaymichelle 

Also might consider creating a new app and adding that datasource and a table to see if the problem carries over.  That will at least let you determine if your problem is PowerApp side or SQL side.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
yaymichelle

@PaulD1 Casting to varchar in the view fixed the issue! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,702)