cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Msaldivar
Level: Powered On

Data source limits

I have a problem.

i'm creating an app that uses imported data source from Excel file the problem is that i want to read 200,000 rows at least, but i dont know if i can do that or how i can do that because first, i increase the limit of data in the config from 500 to 2,000 rows and then i'm also using a formula that i think is a delegation function:  Search("my_Excel_file";TextSearchBox2.Text;"Column1";"Colmn2")

I'm using this function in a Browse Gallery and when i try to know how many data i'm reading, i use this function:

CountRows(BrowseGallery2.AllItems)

but the result is only 15,000, not thw 200,000 rows i need.

I need help cuz i don know how can i read the 200,000 rows

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Data source limits

Hi @Msaldivar ,

Actually, it is the known limits with 'Add static data to your app' feature in PowerApps. The 'Add static data to your app' feature can only load a maximum of 15,000 records once time.

If you want to load more than 15,000 records from your static Excel file, as an fixed solution, you could consider bulk-load your Excel data into your app to multiple individual collections, then merge these individual collections into a single one collection, then use the single one collection as data source in your app.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

http://powerappsguide.com/blog/post/how-well-does-powerapps-cope-with-large-excel-files

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Pulling-in-large-ish-SQL-tables/m-p/243777#M7...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Excel as a datasource doesn't support delegation.  So its just not designed to support that many rows when used with PowerApps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Msaldivar

there is a way to read that many data with powerapps?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Msaldivar 

As per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview

Imported Excel workbooks (using the Add static data to your app data source), collections, and tables stored in context variables don't require delegation. All of this data is already in memory, and the full PowerApps language can be applied.

Msaldivar

okay but, why i can only see 15,000 items instead of 200,000? there is an explanation for that?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Msaldivar 

Gallery loads data in batches only when one scrolls through the data set

Can you directly try querying your data source and check the count - rater that getting the item count from gallery

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Msaldivar

still having the same problem.

I read the data directly from a datatable and the count still only 15,000 instead of 200,000.

and i alsoo try to lookUp an item in a row after 15,000 and it doesn't found anything.

LookUp(Current_Cost_Calculation_By_Com;'Item Number'= "ksm4040781";'Item Name')

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@RezaDorrani said that IMPORTING the data from Excel doesn't have limits.  That's because you are making a copy of the data in the application.  It sounds from your reply like you are still connecting to the Table in Excel and READING it rather than importing it.  That would require delegation, which Excel doesn't do.  I'm also not sure the application has enough storage space to hold 200,000 imported rows from a spreadsheet.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Msaldivar

I think I already imported the excel table.

but, what if i try not to read all data at once, in the applicacion.

could I use a function to find some specific value in the table?.

For example, some look up or other function that reads a value from the row 20,000 instead of having al 20,000 rows in the application? can I do that?

i ask this because as i said before i use the lookUp function to fin only one value but it founds nothing.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Msaldivar 

You probably would have to load your data in batches into a local collection

Collect(col1, firstxrecords)

Collect(col1, nextxrecords)

and so and so forth

Notes collections at a time only can load 2k records

so this would definitely be an overkill but might work

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,901)