cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Arjenvdbosch
Level: Powered On

Data type decimal is not shown correctly in data table

I have a connection to a SQL Server database with the data types Decimal(8,2). The data table shows it as a 'Number' without the figures after the point. E.g. 6 instead of 6.5

I used a workaround by adding a column based on the first with data type nvarchar(10). Then in the data table the decimal is shown correctly, but as a text. Would be cleaner if this wasn't nessecary of course.

Still I think Powerapps is great! 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Data type decimal is not shown correctly in data table

Hi @Arjenvdbosch,

This should be a current limitation for the Data Table control, for more details, please check:

Data table control in PowerApps

Quoted:

Not available

"

• Customize the styling of individual columns.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Arjenvdbosch

Form and data table doesn't recocnize the right data types from data source SQL Server

I hope someone can help me out with this problem I have...

I have made a time write app with a form and a datatable on one screen (see screenshot below). In the form the user selects the project he has worked on, the activity, and the date and he writes a description, the amount of hours (uren), parking costs(parkeerkost) and kilometers (km). In the data table below, the items the user has previously written are shown. Everything works great, except for one (very important) issue. The data types for the hours, parking costs and kilometers are giving problems.

In the SQL Database the data types are exactly the same: Decimal(8,2).

But somehow in the data table and form properties the data types are shown differently:

Hours has data type 'numbers', parking costs has data type 'Text' and kilometers are 'numbers'.

Also in the data table itself the data is shown wrongly. Hours as a whole number, parking costs in the right way (i.g. 6,5), kilometers also as a whole number.

When I submit the form with the hours, e.g. 6,5, a mashup error shows up. When I submit the form with parking costs 6,5 the form works and when I submit the form with KM 6,5 it also works. However, the data in the data table is shown as a whole number (but the data is saved correctly in the database).

I just need to change the data types in the form and data table in such a way that we can write all the data in decimals.

It is a very annoying issue and I really hope that somebody can help me out because I need to start working with it asap.

problem with datatypes.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Arjenvdbosch,

This should be a current limitation for the Data Table control, for more details, please check:

Data table control in PowerApps

Quoted:

Not available

"

• Customize the styling of individual columns.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Arjenvdbosch

Thanks for your reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,997)