cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Re: DataCard? Feel like I'm going crazy.

Hi @JamesM

To fix this problem, set the DataSource of your edit form to:

testCollection

Next, set the Item property of your edit form to:

First(testCollection)

This should hopefully solve your problem.

JamesM
Level 8

For some reason I still can't get this to work. My test is as follows. Two Forms, two buttons. 

First button 

ClearCollect(myCollection,InSiteConnector.GetAllStoresInSiteNodeList())

First form DataSource

myCollection

First form Item

First(myCollection)

Form blank. I have checked the Collection via View and can see the first 5 items. 

I did the same test with the second form, however replaced the collection with a Table variable. Same result. 

Super User
Super User

Hi All,

I may be a little late to the party here but trying to force a Form to use a collection as a data source seems impractical.  I understand that @JamesM has limitations related to his connectors but at some point, you need to save the data to a back end table, list or entity.  When a collection is used as the datasource of a form, the custom cards do not have an Update function.  Unless I am missing something, I don't understand how the data will be added to the connector.  

JamesM
Level 8

Thanks for everyone's input. I appreciate the help, but it looks like this isn't possible. That's OK, I was only interested in forms and data cards as they seem to provide a shortcut to showing data and being able to incorporate 'next' and 'back' functions to search through the data, and data cards seem to offer a nice way to layout the user interface as opposed to just having buttons and tables etc all over a screen. I will continue with that approach, and leave forms alone unless I come up with a data source that can be used with them 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,643)