cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Shannon
Level: Powered On

DataSource limits for Dynamics 365?

Is delegation still not available for Dynamics 365? It says that it is in this post: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/delegation-overview/ however, I have tried doing a row count for a filtered datasource and I still don't get all of my records.

If I try this I get a result of 500:

CountRows(Leads)

and if I apply this filter on my data I would expect a count of 6, but I only get 3:

CountRows(Filter(Leads, firstname = "Aaron"))

The queries above were just tests, but the main thing I am trying to do is LookUp a specific record from the DataSource using a LeadId and then show a few values from that Lead in a form (name, email, etc.). I've tried three different Lead Ids, one of them works, while the other two do not return any data (even though I can see values in CRM). I'm guessing that the 500 record limit is in place still and that these records are not in my DataSource.

So I'm guessing that delegation isn't working or I'm doing something wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Meneghino
Level 10

Re: DataSource limits for Dynamics 365?

Hi @Shannon, in regards to the first part of your question, a CountRows will only ever return a maximum value of 500 irrespective of whether the data source is delegable or not.  This is because CountRows is not (yet!) a delegable function.

However, FIlter is a delegable function so you should get all 6 of your Aarons back and not just 3.  In your expression, the CountRows comes logically after the Filter so that it should not affect the delegation of the filter operation.

I hope someone from the PowerApps team will pick up on your question.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Shannon,

I agree with what @Meneghino said that CountRows is not yet a delegable function. About this, you can submit this idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

About that the filter is not working correctly either, would you please change another record to test if this is record specific issue?

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @v-monli-msft

In another thread we had gone through this with @Shannon and it seems that he/she really was not able to delegate filter to Dynamics 365.

In any case I will let him/her reply with the details.

Shannon
Level: Powered On

Yes as @Meneghino stated, I had another thread that turned into this same conversation here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Unable-to-filter-data-outside-of-500-records/m-p...

An MS user replied and said they would notify on their side. I've tried a few different filters on a few different Dynamics 365 environments/entities, and I have the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,367)