cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quentin
Level: Powered On

Database and powerapps.

Hello everyone, (I am French excuse me forthe English faults)

I need assistance, today I don't know how to do to make a app with database.

I have several tables, I have my SQL request which goes perfectly, I tried to make the request in Excel then of
to bind Excel to powerapps, the problem is that actualization between Excel and the database didn' t work, I always had
same results on the app.

Then I tested with SQL server, and I find that it's too much complicated to only bind 2 tables it's horrible then of simple functions
as first () is not displayed

Exist there a software in which I can use my SQL request, which will put the result in a table form and which could be compatible with Powerapp?

else, which alternatives advise me?

By thanking you for reading my post.

Quentin. :)

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Database and powerapps.

Hi @Quentin,

I'm afraid that I didn't fully understanding what you are trying to do. What do you need the 2 tables to do? If you want to add record to a SQL database, then you just need to create the app with SQL connection from New > SQL Server in PowerApps. Then you will be able to add new record in this app and also submit data to the table.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Quentin

hi @v-monli-msft,

i have a data base where there are all details of my company and i would like to find a software who can do a SQL query, take the result and put it in powerapps. I need to join 2 tables to have the goud result. 🙂

example : 

city      | gains         | lost

Paris   | 2M$           | 150k$

i tried with excel but it didn't work very well, and i don't know how i can join 2 tables with a SQL server connection, i read the documentation... but i found nothing for this case or it seems to be too difficult or i didn't understand.

So i need in the Gallery1 to display the example. (city -> table 1 & gains/lost -> table 2).

Like city in the label1, gains of the city in a label2 and lost of the city in the label3.

Thank's 🙂

Quentin

UP ! plz 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 335 members 6,591 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: