cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elongnec
Level: Powered On

Datacard Height Bug

Hello, since the recent update to PowerApps, the height of all my datacards in my forms have been changed to 225 automatically. I manually changed them back to my required height, but every time I save and republish, the heights change back to 225. I attached pictures of what my form used to look like and what it now looks like.

Is there a bug in the new update? Or am I missing an important update in the editor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Datacard Height Bug

@elongnec, I am not able to replicate your issue. Can you share more about the height that you set?

By default the height of the data cards is set to 50. Since datacards have flexible-height, think of this number as a minimum. You do not see the cards at 50 px though since the content inside is larger.

As a best practice, I would avoid changing the height and instead just use relative positioning of the controls inside to automatically dictate the height you desire.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

@elongnec, I am not able to replicate your issue. Can you share more about the height that you set?

By default the height of the data cards is set to 50. Since datacards have flexible-height, think of this number as a minimum. You do not see the cards at 50 px though since the content inside is larger.

As a best practice, I would avoid changing the height and instead just use relative positioning of the controls inside to automatically dictate the height you desire.

View solution in original post

elongnec

Thank you! I switched to the best practice that you suggested, and the height issue is no longer a problem. 

Highlighted
BN
Level: Power Up

I am runing to the same issue since yesterday.  Everything was working just fine before until yesterday I noticed this change when I published the app.  I have so many data cards in the form.  What do you mean by using best practice to "use relative positioning".  Do you have an example of that?  Also, is that mean I have change all the DataCards to the use relative positioning?  Please help!

Ben

PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

Could you share how the form is configured?

• Are there any formulas that affects the Visible property of data cards and controls in it? For example, some users might show the form but hide certain data cards based on some condition.
  • For the Label controls inside the affected data card, is autoheight enabled? What are the values of the Y and Height property on these controls?

By the way, relative positioning is just a general term for positioning controls based on the positions of other controls. For example, instead of specifying Y=50, one might use Y=Label1.Y+Label1.Height. This way, when Label1 moves, the other control will also be moved relative to it.

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

Can you also provide a screenshot of the affected form?

BN1

See attached examples of the datacards properties.  I tried both with autoheight On and Off same result.

PowerApps Staff _Corey_
PowerApps Staff

Are you using the experimental components feature at all?

BN1

None of the Experimental Features is used.  All turned off.

PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

We are currently investigating this. I will update the thread when more details emerge.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 172 members 5,761 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: