cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

Re: Datacard Height Bug

This issue could be mitigated by setting the Height property of affected cards to a small value (say 5). The Height property is only a minimum. If the contents are larger, the actual height of the card will grow to fit the contents.

If this is the problem you are facing, the fix will be coming soon.

PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

The fix for this bug will be rolling out by the end of this week. The version to look out for is 3.19042.

cce602
Level: Powered On

@tahoon I am currently running version 3.19043.16 and I am encountering this issue more than ever.  Did the fix rollout as intended?

PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

Yes, the fix should be available now. If you are still experiencing issues, could you describe them? Could be an unrelated bug.

cce602

@tahoon Thanks for the response.  Please see more detail below.

I am working on a sharepoint list linked PowerApp.  I am using 5 global variables for a "tabbed" UI feel.  For no apparent reason, when switching between tabs, the height of the datacards will expand to an excessive value.

I am in the process of a 3rd complete build.  I'm basically monitoring for the issue, then back tracking to the latest save before the issue began to present.  

No clear cause or remedy.

@tahoon  Thanks again for taking a moment to help.

PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

Can you describe how the tabs are set up? Which controls have their Visibility property change, and what is the expression of the Visibility property?

Does the bug happen in Studio also or only when playing the app? If it happens only when playing the app, ensure that the latest changes have been published (not just saved).

cce602

The tabs are buttons with an OnSelect value of Set(varformtab = "Header1"), Set(varformtab = "Header2"), etc.  The data cards have a Visible value of varformtab = "Header1", etc... Using this I have categorized about 35 data cards.  

This happens in the studio and in the app.  And it doesn't always happen the first time I set a variable active.  I can bounce around the form a few times before the height on some of the tabs goes wonky.

And, it seems to be isolated to 2 of the 5 tabs.  I set the minimum height to 5 on the top row (3 data cards) of one of the 2 problemeatic tabs and it snapped back to order.  The other is fully extended and will not budge.

PowerApps Staff tahoon
PowerApps Staff

Is this a form with multiple columns?

Try setting the Height of all data cards to 5 and see if it solves the problem. If it does not, it could be a different bug than the one in the thread.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 277 members 5,604 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: