cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WalterW
Level: Powered On

Date Picker Showing Value Based on SP List Column Default Value when Submit Item on Mobile Device

I have an app attached to a SharePoint List that manages requests for a shuttle service. The user is supposed to be able to make future requests and I have a flow setup that sends a PowerApps push notification at 6am (utilized the delay until action) for those future requests, based on the date selected for the request.

The date picker field works when I use the app on the pc version of PowerApps. When I use it on a mobile device (Android or iOS), it defaults to what the default value is for the SharePoint Column. So if I select, let’s say, next Monday (June 11th), and the default value on the SharePoint List Date Picker Column is set to none, the field is blank when the request is submitted. If the default value is set to Today, then today’s date shows, instead of next Monday's date.

So there is the kicker. This only happens when the app/web version is used on a mobile device. The PC/web version of the app works fine. Has anyone seen this happen before and might know a resolution?

I have tried this on a Samsung Note 5 and iPhone 7 Plus, both through the PowerApps app and logging into the browser version of PowerApps on both phones.

This works on a Surface Pro 4 in Chrome and IE and also on the PowerApps Windows Store app.

6 REPLIES 6
PowerApps Staff LanceDelano
PowerApps Staff

Re: Date Picker Showing Value Based on SP List Column Default Value when Submit Item on Mobile Devic

Sounds like a bug.  Let me get the controls team to take a look.  @FilipK  Can you guys take a look at this?

jsmodrow

Re: Date Picker Showing Value Based on SP List Column Default Value when Submit Item on Mobile Devic

I am having the exact same problem. I posted the issue under App Creation. I hope there is a fix soon. It is affecting how we report when our vendors may expect payment.
Highlighted
PowerApps Staff

This appears to be a known bug and it looks like the fix to this will roll out world-wide on 6/6 if I am reading the train schedule correctly. 

WalterW

Glad I'm not the only one having the issue. Thanks for the update! I'll pass this along to our users.

PowerApps Staff

The more likely date appears to be 6/7 now based on the way things are rolling out. 

jsmodrow

Appreciate the update!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,782)