cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roberts2727
Level: Powered On

Date formatting issues - excel power apps spreadsheet

Hello, I am using the helpdesk template included in powerapps, Ive got a workflow that runs everytime someone submits a form created for a helpdesk submissions list in sharepoint. it will update my helpdesk powerapps spreadsheet with the info entered. I have a column named current date that is using date and time format from sharepoint. When the workflow passes that date to the excel spreadsheet it uses a wierd format that the powerapps spreadsheet doesnt recognize as valid for the date throwing the datecreated field off. I need it to look like 5/12/2016 and sharepoint is formatting it as 2016-05-12

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Roberts2727

Re: Date formatting issues - excel power apps spreadsheet

Figured it out, infopath form was causing it, was setting current date with today() function, had to alter it to use. concat(substring(today(), 6, 2), "/", substring(today(), 9, 2), "/", substring(today(), 1, 4)) 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Roberts2727

Re: Date formatting issues - excel power apps spreadsheet

Figured it out, infopath form was causing it, was setting current date with today() function, had to alter it to use. concat(substring(today(), 6, 2), "/", substring(today(), 9, 2), "/", substring(today(), 1, 4)) 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,033)