cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roberts2727
Level: Powered On

Date formatting issues - excel power apps spreadsheet

Hello, I am using the helpdesk template included in powerapps, Ive got a workflow that runs everytime someone submits a form created for a helpdesk submissions list in sharepoint. it will update my helpdesk powerapps spreadsheet with the info entered. I have a column named current date that is using date and time format from sharepoint. When the workflow passes that date to the excel spreadsheet it uses a wierd format that the powerapps spreadsheet doesnt recognize as valid for the date throwing the datecreated field off. I need it to look like 5/12/2016 and sharepoint is formatting it as 2016-05-12

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Roberts2727

Re: Date formatting issues - excel power apps spreadsheet

Figured it out, infopath form was causing it, was setting current date with today() function, had to alter it to use. concat(substring(today(), 6, 2), "/", substring(today(), 9, 2), "/", substring(today(), 1, 4)) 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Roberts2727

Re: Date formatting issues - excel power apps spreadsheet

Figured it out, infopath form was causing it, was setting current date with today() function, had to alter it to use. concat(substring(today(), 6, 2), "/", substring(today(), 9, 2), "/", substring(today(), 1, 4)) 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 183 members 5,120 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: