cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ShawnPOWER
Level: Powered On

Date picker input control - Is it possible to allow only user input from the calendar button and not the text box?

Essentially what I am after here is not allowing the user to free hand type at all into the "Date picker" input control text box but rather always force them to use the calendar icon within the "Date picker" input control to enter in the date that way. For example of what I want here is when a user clicks the text box in the "Date picker" input control the calendar pops up (just as it does on the calendar button) and they have to select from there instead of typing it in. I am trying to do this with an "Edit Form" but may some day want it without the "Edit Form".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Date picker input control - Is it possible to allow only user input from the calendar button and not the text box?

I know of a "cheat" way to do this. 

If you have your DatePicker and remove that padding on the Left and Right side you can then down size it to just show the calendar. 

Then put a label to the left of it that displays the date selected in the date picker. You could even put a message in there until they select it. Something like: 

If(IsBlank(DatePicker1.SelectedDate),"-Please select date-", DatePicker1.SelectedDate)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Date picker input control - Is it possible to allow only user input from the calendar button and not the text box?

I know of a "cheat" way to do this. 

If you have your DatePicker and remove that padding on the Left and Right side you can then down size it to just show the calendar. 

Then put a label to the left of it that displays the date selected in the date picker. You could even put a message in there until they select it. Something like: 

If(IsBlank(DatePicker1.SelectedDate),"-Please select date-", DatePicker1.SelectedDate)

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Work like this...

ShawnPOWER
Level: Powered On

Brillant idea @rebeccas, worked perfectly!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,854)