cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Christy_Roach
Level: Powered On

Date picker requiring chose and enter

I've built a form and am recieving feedback from folks about the date picker.  Is there a way to make it so you just pick a date and it takes it?  Vs. what it does which is you pick a date and then have to click on "enter" for it to be taken.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Date picker requiring chose and enter

Hi @Christy_Roach ,

Could you describe more clearly about “it takes it” and “what it does which is you pick a date and then have to click on "enter" for it to be taken”?

According to my understanding, do you want to update data by just clicking a date in Date Picker and skipping clicking ”OK”?

It’s not supported in PowerApps currently.

I suggest you express your views on PowerApps Ideas Forum.Your precious advice will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

You could set the date picker’s IsEditable:true.

Then, you could enter date in the Data Picker. After entering date, you don’t need to click “ok”.

However, you need to enter the right format date in the Date Picker.  Otherwise,the date you entered will be invalid.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Christy_Roach ,

Could you describe more clearly about “it takes it” and “what it does which is you pick a date and then have to click on "enter" for it to be taken”?

According to my understanding, do you want to update data by just clicking a date in Date Picker and skipping clicking ”OK”?

It’s not supported in PowerApps currently.

I suggest you express your views on PowerApps Ideas Forum.Your precious advice will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

You could set the date picker’s IsEditable:true.

Then, you could enter date in the Data Picker. After entering date, you don’t need to click “ok”.

However, you need to enter the right format date in the Date Picker.  Otherwise,the date you entered will be invalid.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Christy_Roach

That is exactly right.  I'm wanting to skip that second step of having to click okay.  Again this was feedback provided by a user.

jbirkenhead

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue, it's clunky and inefficient to have to select a date, then click ok after you have selected the date to submit that date. The number of times a user gets this right far outweighs the nuber of times a user gets this wrong, so it makes sense that if there is extra work to be done, for the minority of users to have to press the extra buttons to amend the date, rather than the majority of users being faced with extra clicks for no resason. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,550)