Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Kapala
Level: Powered On

Date recording issue

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone could help.

I am having problems with my App which has been working fine until the last couple of days it seems. My team log information into the App on a daily basis and they pick a date and add their entry.

It seems like it is changing the day to a date before we entered it and then although the data is showing up in the excel data sheet, it is not showing on the App.

Like i said this has only happened over the last couple of days and the App is developed in the Web version of PowerApps, has anyone had this problem or know how i can fix it?

Many thanks

Aaron

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Date recording issue

Hi @Aaron_Kapala

There are various problems that are related to storing and displaying dates in PowerApps. This type of behaviour typically happens when we attempt to store dates in fields that are defined as datetime, and changes to daylight saving can trigger this issue. I'm not sure if this entirely applies to you, but the fix that @CarlosFigueira gave in this thread might help you.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-to-Data/Date-displayed-is-one-day-off/td-p/1616

Aaron_Kapala
Level: Powered On

@timl, I've looked at this and it's nearly 2 years old, surely they have fixed this by now!

One of my main problems is that the information is saving in the Excel file with the wrong date but then not displaying any entries in my App recorded after the 12th April, so if it worked before and now isn't, could it be a problem with a release they may have pushed out?

This is probably be the worse time for this to not work the way it's meant to, we are testing this month to put a case forward to push it out across the company!

Super User
Super User

Hi @Aaron_Kapala

Sorry to hear that. As far as I'm aware, this problem unfortunately still exists.

It might well be related to a recent update - perhaps someone from Microsoft could comment on this.

As an experiment, it might be worth seeing if you can create a new auto-generated app against your spreadsheet, and to check whether you can view records that were added after the 12th April. If this works, it might suggest that the fault lies in your app rather than the PowerApps platform, and that there might be something that you can modify in your app to resolve the problem. Good luck!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,996)