cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishnapwa
Level: Powered On

Debugg PowerApps in Dynamics 365 for finance and operations

Hi Peers,

How to debugg, when there is error while creating data in PowerApps using D365FO connection.

Suppose in below screenshot, field ResoureName_Mand is mandatory, show system throwing error. when this type of error is coming it should hit AX,.  I attached debugger in D365FO, it's not triggering, 

MandatoryFieldError.PNGD365FO_Debugger.PNG

Please let me know how to debugg, when some error is coming & which is not specific, then if the debugger fires in AX, we could figure out, else it's very difficult to work with PowerApps, to fix this issues.

Note: D365FO  = Dynamics 365 for finance and operations = AX

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Debugg PowerApps in Dynamics 365 for finance and operations

Hi @krishnapwa,

Do you want to debug the error message occurs within an app?

Based on the error message that you mentioned, I think there is something issue with the value that you typed within the ResourceName_Mand field in your Edit form, please check if you have typed a valid value within the field.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to use Patch function to submit your form data instead of SubmitForm function within your app. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following formula:

Patch(
         'YourTable',
         Defaults('YourTable'),
         {
             id: Value(DataCardValue1.Text),
             ResourceName: DataCardVlaue2.Text,
             Company: DataCardValue3.Text,
         }
)

More details about Patch function, please check the following article:

Patch function

In addition, you could also consider take a try to re-create a new app based on your D365FO Table, then try it again, check if the issue still exists.

The user @Moki has faced similar issue with you, please check the fixed solution within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Issue-since-last-update-An-entry-is-required-...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
krishnapwa

Here my aim is how to debugg, whatever the data issue which occurs in app due to data validation.

In this scenario I mentioned one field, tomorrow may occurs for number of fields, it's difficult to check all the fields one by one

Is there a way to debugg this issue in visual studio, when the error comes in app, it should triggger D365FO debugger (which is in visual studio), we could find the cause and will fix this.

Highly appreciate your assistance.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @krishnapwa,

Do you want to debug the error message within Visual Studio (outside PowerApps Studio)?

If you want to debug the error message within Visual Studio (outside PowerApps Studio), I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs within PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
krishnapwa

yes, I need to debugg this issue in visual studio.

since we used D365FO connection in app, development environment for D365FO is  visual studio.  when it's throwing error doing validation, it would validate through connection. in this case it may trigger visual studio

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 179 members 5,580 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: