Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
opticshrew
Level: Powered On

Delegation : PowerApps and SharePoint

Hi all,

I have a PowerApp utilising a ~10,000 row SharePoint list. When filtering a gallery using the date not all values are returned. The formula warns that it is delegating to the SharePoint list however I'm not seeing this. Of the 10,000 records only 3 are brought back. I'm missing 6 more records.

I've played around with the limit increase from 500 to 2000 which pulled back an additional record making me think that delegation isn't working. Here is my formula for the gallery:

Filter('Global Roster',PowerAppDate = PowerAppDateVar)

"Global Roster" is my list, "PowerAppDate" is my field within the list and "PowerAppDateVar" is a global variable defined on a datepicker selection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
opticshrew

Re: Delegation : PowerApps and SharePoint

Hi all,

So fortunately I now have a solution albeit not by fixing the issue. The workaround was to convert the Data column in SharePoint to "Single Line Text" and then comparing the two text values. This means that delegation actuallty takes effect.

One method I tried was to convert the Date value to text in PowerApps however I soon realised this would pull the first 500/2000 records first then apply the filter. This is what cause so few records to be displayed.

Thanks,

J

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
opticshrew

Hi all,

So fortunately I now have a solution albeit not by fixing the issue. The workaround was to convert the Data column in SharePoint to "Single Line Text" and then comparing the two text values. This means that delegation actuallty takes effect.

One method I tried was to convert the Date value to text in PowerApps however I soon realised this would pull the first 500/2000 records first then apply the filter. This is what cause so few records to be displayed.

Thanks,

J

View solution in original post

sdiaz

Hi @opticshrew,

So I'm facing the same issue here where I'm using Sharepoint and one of the lists that I'm using has a date column. My goal is different than yours though, instead of comparing one date to another I want to bring values that are larger than or smaller than a certain date. 

The issue is it appears date column is not delegable in sharepoint and I cannot convert the date column to a text value like you did because I won't be able to compare larger than or smaller than. 

Any ideas with this issue are appreciated! Thanks

M2CE

I face the same issue. Did you find any solution? As far i understand the delegation to sharepoint works just for "=" operator. I hope the developers will update this soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 338 members 6,867 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: