cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsimon
Level: Powered On

Delegation error

Hi All,

I have a gallery that reads from a SP list. I am using the sort command below on the galleries items property 

The SP list has only 80 items in it. I am having an issue with this line using the app checker

TextSearchBox1.Text in Title I have also tried using Text(title). Title is is the name of the SP column

Any suggestions ? Thanks

Sort
(If
(IsBlank(TextSearchBox1.Text), 'Software Catalog',Filter('Software Catalog', TextSearchBox1.Text in Title) ),
Title,
If(SortDescending1,
SortOrder.Descending,
SortOrder.Ascending)
)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Delegation error

Agree with what @RandyHayes wrote here - its a warning and if you don't foresee hitting 2000+ items then I would leave the formula as-is and mark his solution as the answer.

If you do think you will end up with over 2000 items, then you could change your 'in' to a StartsWith - which is not as flexible but it will allow you to delegate the search 🙂

Sort(
        If(
            IsBlank(TextSearchBox1.Text),
                'Software Catalog',
                Filter('Software Catalog', StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)
        ),
        Title,
        If(
           SortDescending1,
           SortOrder.Descending,
           SortOrder.Ascending
        )
)

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

@bsimon 

The In operator is not delegable, so you will see a warning message for that.

It should ONLY be a warning.  This is not an error in your formula.

It is telling you that if your datasource grows beyond the maximum number of records allowed (500 by default, expandable to 2000), then you might get incomplete results.

If your list is only 80 items and you do not expect it to grow beyond 2000, then you can ignore this warning.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @bsimon ,

Delegation is just a warning not error.

Since your items number is smaller than 2000, you do not need to worry about it.

Only if your record is larger than 2000, the delegation warning means that your app may not perform well.

The appearence of delegation warning is because that you use undelegable functions.

I suggest you change your non-delegable limit to 2000, then there's no need to worry about delegation warning when your record is smaller than 2000.

File->App settings->Advanced settings7124.PNG

What's more, here's a doc about deleagtion for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Agree with what @RandyHayes wrote here - its a warning and if you don't foresee hitting 2000+ items then I would leave the formula as-is and mark his solution as the answer.

If you do think you will end up with over 2000 items, then you could change your 'in' to a StartsWith - which is not as flexible but it will allow you to delegate the search 🙂

Sort(
        If(
            IsBlank(TextSearchBox1.Text),
                'Software Catalog',
                Filter('Software Catalog', StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text)
        ),
        Title,
        If(
           SortDescending1,
           SortOrder.Descending,
           SortOrder.Ascending
        )
)

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
bsimon
Level: Powered On

Thank you all for your prompt response.

Super User
Super User

You're welcome, glad we could all help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,223)