cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GrischkePro
Level: Powered On

Delegation limit (500-2000) workaround with ForAll (SharePoint list)

In this solution@mr-dang tried to explain how to work with delegation limit, however, it doesn's seem clear enough to me. What his solution does is basically: count all items, divide by 500 (or 2000) delegation limit, then repeat the data collection as many times as it needs to, to collect all data to a temp datatable.

My SharePoint list currently has 600 items, but the ID starts at 2300, as I removed all previous items. So the ID range in my list is 2300-2900. But let's say I need to collect data 2 times (2000 records per one time) using ForAll function, but I can't get the above solution to work.

I'd appreciate any help in pointing me in the right direction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Delegation limit (500-2000) workaround with ForAll (SharePoint list)

Hi @GrischkePro 

If you are planning on having thousands of records, I would suggest that you start start looking into converting your data from SharePoint to either Sql  or Common Data Service.  You will run out of reasonable options once you have more than 4000 records in SharePoint unless you figure out a way to filter them down to less than 2k first.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dyee4613
Level 8

I might be misunderstanding your question but if your list only has 600 items, why not just increase your row limit to 1,000?  If you need to count it twice, then I'd just switch 1000 to 1,500 or 2000.  

To do this, go to file --> app setting --> advanced settings.  Go to data row limit for non-delegable queries and replace the 500 with whatever you want. 

GrischkePro

This list is at testing stage. There will be thousands of items eventually. Increasing the limit to even 2000 will not help in the long run.
2000 is the maximum for that setting you’re suggesting.

Hope it makes sense.
Super User
Super User

Hi @GrischkePro 

If you are planning on having thousands of records, I would suggest that you start start looking into converting your data from SharePoint to either Sql  or Common Data Service.  You will run out of reasonable options once you have more than 4000 records in SharePoint unless you figure out a way to filter them down to less than 2k first.

View solution in original post

GrischkePro

@Drrickryp wrote:

Hi @GrischkePro 

Please explain why I will run out of reasonable options? when I reach 4000 records?

When I say thousands, I meant up to 10,000 maximum in the next 5 or so years. What's unreasonable about this?

SharePoint is my only option at this moment in time.

Hmm...there is a trick using Flow that calls sharepoint search 🙂

I've done that in one of my demo apps described in this blog post: 
https://michalguzowski.pl/search-in-sharepoint-from-powerapps/

However to be coherent to best practices I'd suggest using delegation and/or changing your data source to SQL/CDS as @Drrickryp suggested

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,449)