cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drmattbishop
Level: Powered On

Delegation problems with small CDS database using Filter, If, IsBlank, LookUp, and =.

Can someone help with this:

I have a 'small' database of <1000 products that I want to use for a stocktake app. I have CDS tables of products and suppliers etc, and I am coming up against the whole 'delegtion' story. As an example I shall describe one of my problems below. I thought I was using all delegable commands but obviously not...

I have a screen with an drop-down list for my Suppliers which on selection populates a text box with the PrimaryId of that Supplier. The Gallery then filters the CDS table to present a list of Products from that Supplier - however it only looks throught the first 500 rows of the Products table. I'm using the textbox as another forum post mentioned this may help.

DropDown3_1 code: 

SortByColumns('TheStoreApp Suppliers', "SupplierName", Ascending)

TextBox 47 code (I've put the IsBlank default in there as it was erroring when the screen first loads):

If(IsBlank(Dropdown3_1.Selected), "00059", LookUp('TheStoreApp Suppliers', Dropdown3_1.Selected.SupplierName = SupplierName, PrimaryId))

Gallery code ('TheStoreAppSupplierProductList' is a 'LookUp' field that links the Product to a Supplier):

Filter('TheStoreApp Products', TheStoreAppSupplierProductList.PrimaryId = TextBox47.Text)

The Gallery code shows blue lines under the '.PrimaryId' and '=' showing that this has 'service limitations' (i.e. cannot be delegated)

Can someone suggest whether it is the 'If', 'IsBlank', 'LookUp', 'Filter',  '=', or the 'PrimaryId' column that is causing the delegation to fail?

Thanks in advance.

Matt 

Matt
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Delegation problems with small CDS database using Filter, If, IsBlank, LookUp, and =.

Hi Matt,

Is this happending to all your CDS entity or just specific one? Have you tested with a new one?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
drmattbishop
Level: Powered On

Re: Delegation problems with small CDS database using Filter, If, IsBlank, LookUp, and =.

Hi Mona

This seems to be happening for a lot of my entities.

The latest one is this:

Filter('TheStoreApp Purchase Orders', Text(Toggle3.Value) in PurchaseOrderReceived)

I'm trying to filter a gallery based on a toggle control on the screen - the 'in' has a blue underline showing 'service limitations' 

Thanks

Matt

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 87 members 5,333 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: